Lightburn Wont Connect

I am a newbie & will try my best to explain. I have sculpfun s9 & lightburn was working, I am trying to install limit switches but, the wires arent long enough so, im waiting for Amazon to deliver what I need, I do not have them pluged in at this time, But, now lightburn wont connect to my laser. I am running windows 11. I have looked through the help topics on here & have tried everything I could but, its still not connecting. HELP :frowning:

You may need to close LightBurn, turn your laser off and on again, restart LightBurn, and then manually select the correct COM port from the drop down menu in the Laser window.

You’ll see a response in your ‘Console’ window when you’ve selected the correct port.

If you’re still unable to connect, make sure your USB connection is firmly seated, and try a different, higher quality USB. If you’re using any USB hubs or extenders, take them out of line.

Connection Issues - LightBurn Software Documentation

I have done that & still won’t connect. I even uninstalled & reinstalled everything & still wont connect.

have you tried removing the laser from the device list and trying to set up as a new device?

Did you try replacing the USB cable, or did you only try selecting the COM port? When you plug the laser into your PC, do you hear a ‘ding’, and see a device appear in the Windows Device Manager?

Here are some additional USB connection troubleshooting tips:

1 Like

I got it fixed by changing my G codes. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.