Lightburn won't open full screen

Need help. Since installing the last 2 Lightburn updates, Lightburn will not open to full screen, opens to small window, then I have to maximise. I am using a 16"Gigabyte Aero running Win 11.

I have made sure the properties is set to open maximised, I can force it to open maximised holding Shift key, but when I exit and open again, it opens in small window. I have tried closing Lightburn while holding control key, still opens small window next time.

Is this a problem only for me or are others experiencing it? Is there a fix (other than what I have already tried)?

Many thanks

running 1.5.02 currently?

Cant seem to replicate it my end on windows 10 64bit
What version o win11?

You can go to windows menu → run → type winver press enter
to confirm

Installed the latest Lightburn update this morning hoping it would fix this issue but it hasn’t still the same.

Thanks

Do you have any window management software addon installed?
Multi Screen?

What graphics card?

No Windows management software, single screen (Gigabyte Aero 16"laptop) - not sure what graphics card, whatever came with the laptop.

Try this, unsure if it might work but try

a) open lightburn - maximize it
SHIFT + Click the top right X.
Repopen it , did it remember state of window?

There are other solutions but are a bit more intrusive wanted to try the simplest

Assuming too this only happens on lightburn?

This is the properties Window and also a section of the screen to show how it opens (about 1/4 size of full screen.

tried the Shift + X (close) after maximising and it opened again in small window still. I have tried everything I know of.

Sorry, yes I should have said - this is only happening in Lightburn. Have a number of browsers, office programs and image editing programs all open full screen.

is lightburn in default state?
I see you have no machine setup
do you have anything you would mind losing if you reset preferences?

if no → file → open pre folder
Close lightburn
Delete all files in preference Folder

Reboot
Launch lightburn → maximize
Close
reopen

deleted files in pref folder, re-booted - still the same. Re-installed Lightburn again, changed properties to open maximised - still opens small window. Only way I can get it to open full screen is to hold shift key while double clicking desktop shortcut. If I close while holding either CVontrol or Shift, it doen’t remember window size and opens small again.

i cant replicate so i am a little lost, lets call the big guns!
@Rick @JohnJohn

don’t have any machines connected to this laptop - this is for my design work. My other laptop hooked up to 2 lasers is working fine, though I haven’t installed the .02 update on that. It is running 1.5.01 with no problems. On this laptop I just set up a dummy machine 400 x 400 diode style, but I haven’t done that again yet since the updates.

funny enough, just for the sake of sanity check
Add manually a GRBL mahcine 400x 400
see if that triggers “something” that writes maybe some settings that enables window position to stick?

done that - no it doesn’t do anything

We will have to let the mind hive to assemble and find the solution.

Shouldnt take long :slight_smile:

Thank you - just annoying but software still works.

Are you able to grab the edges of the window and drag it outwards?

I can grab and drag put all 4 sides to increase the size of the Lightburn window - out to nearly full screen. But, once I close the program and re-start it is in small window again

In the freshly started small-screen state, in LightBurn, click File, click Export Prefs and save that file somewhere convenient.

Drag and drop that file into a reply here so I can take a look.

If you haven’t installed any new hardware recently, in LightBurn click File, and click Load Prefs Backup.

Pick a file with a date that corresponds to when the screen behavior was the way you wanted it.

LightBurn saves the last 50 versions of these files so you should have one that works. Jot down the name of the file. If the file works well for you then I’d like to compare it to the one with the small screen behavior.