Lines in preview window

Hi , I’ve started getting lines in my image when I previe it and they also show up in the finished engraving , Its started happening yesterday and the problem is that whatever it shows in the preview also shows in the finished engraving.
I’ve been on the latest version of lightburn for about a week but this has only just started happening.
Hopefully someone can help me with this…thanks

Could you share your LBRN so we can take a look at your settings?

My apologies I thought I’d added them…the bottle opener is the finished engraving I’ve been getting with these settings

Your lines per inch seems EXTREME, why so high?
Thats like 22500DPI
I believe this is the problem, lower it to 18 to 20 area

If you need more coverage, try a 2nd pass on a diagonal

P.S. now on 2nd view i am slightly confused
This is not on your OLM2 Pro i assume, fiber?
You have frequency settings, which wouldn’t for sure be in a Grbl control box

The laser is a JPT 50watt fiber , have I posted in the wrong section?

Not at all but i jumped into wrong conclusions by your profile machine :smiley:

On fiber, I THINK the lines per inch is still massively high, but fibers are that’s outside my comfort zone. So i will let others pitch in on what they think.
I would reduce significantly as a test just to see

Thanks for your help anyway…I’ve also just updated my profile :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: :+1:

My thinking here though is, with that level of DPI/Lines per inch, you are basicly doing “multiple passes” but on 1 pass. as the increment of each line is so tiny

That could be causing interference patterns too you seeing

Easy test to do though.

I’ts really weird as I’ve used the same settings for about a year and have always had great results

quite possible i am 100% wrong, fibers is not my “thang” yet! lol
But just seems… unreasonably high DPI even considering how thin the fiber beam is

I’ve just run another at 0.0500 but unfortunatly the results are as bad

Lets call the big brains and see if they can help out. Curiouse on what might be giving you trouble

@JohnJohn

I am assuming you get the same issue no matter what angle of engrave correct?

Thanks again for your help with this , I’ve just done one at 0 degrees & 90 degrees and its still the same…I’m also on chat with the suppliers at the moment and unfortunatly the new settings that they’ve given me don’t make any difference either speed 200 , power 50% , freq 30khz , line 0.01mm and plus 3mm focus

Something you could do while testing - unsure if possible - is to use the Ezcad software as a testing sanity check. This way we could discard software and maybe need to start looking at hardware?

I was thinking the same thing , it came supplied with ezcad but I only used it for a couple of days and then moved straight to lightburn

i would imagine a box with a simple fill with given parameters should … either confirm or deny it quick?
Assuming you can control most other variables
then 2 would remain. Optics, or mechanical issues but those would be hardware

IF however ezcad would give you a clean results, then we know for a fact some gremlins got into your machine configuration on Lightburn.

I’ll let you know how I get on :+1:

Do you have the source image for the rose handy? I’d like to see if the original art is triggering the behavior but only because it seems less regular than the square.

I just reread the thread and saw that you tested 0 and 90 degrees as well and saw the same behavior.

Hi John , I’ve attatched the image I used but I’ve used it a lot of times with no issues.
and yes it was the same at 0 & 90 degrees. I cant do any more tries at the moment as I’ve tried to use ezcad to rule out the laser itself and now I can’t get anything to work

Note: “controller/firmware” is not the same thing than “software”. We can guess you are using LightBurn. More important is what profile of LB you are using. For example, I use GRBL, there are profiles for Ruida or things like that.