Linux: please update Qt from 5.11 to at least 5.12.4 to fix OpenSSL issues

Hello, I’m coming back to the “error creating SSL context ()” error when checking for updates.
It’s mentioned in closed threads

For a while it could be worked around by installing the deprecated libssl1.0-dev but it’s not available anymore since a while.

According to Qt 5.12.4 Released with support for OpenSSL 1.1.1, the support for OpenSSL 1.1 has been added to Qt 5.12.4.

So, could you consider updating the Qt version embedded in Lightburn to a more recent version, a minima 5.12.4 ?
I think current Lightburn is using a Qt 5.11, which is a version from 2018.

In openSUSE Tumbleweed I had the option to install libopenssl1_0_0 and that works for now but this is old and will probably be gone from all distros when it is no longer maintained which might be now. I am at QT 5.15.18. Not essential to check updates but it would be nice to be as functional as a Windows version.

It would be helpful if this was fixed. Its been a problem from the beginning.

Lightburn developers have nothing to say about it?

Updates to QT are planned, but doing so is a delicate matter because moving forwards will affect compatibility of some systems and features. It’s on the road map but I’m unable to provide a timeline for this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.