Looking for input/suggestions

It seems I must have damaged my Diode laser module. It has (had?) an adjustable focus knob and since I was trying to ‘start fresh’ - I wound it all the way in. Not sure what happened from there - but now it just projects a bit old rectangle of blue light. Not sure if I broke or somehow lost the lens. It’s an old FA02 laser (2500mW) - I’m pretty sure I can’t buy a replacement lens.

So… in my quest to have a laser - I’m thinking of buying a replacement (I have the female comptroller approval so I have to strike while the credit card is hot!). At this point - I’m thinking of spending the bucks and getting a 40W module because my ultimate goal is still to cut wood. My questions are:

1. anyone with recommendations on which / who’s to buy? They range in price on ebay from $120 out of China to $180 from Amazon. I’m thinking Amazon is a ‘safer’ purchase. Anyone have a good/better suggestion?
  2. my controller has a 2-pin laser connector. I am pretty sure I want to use ‘TTL’ type control (3-pin) and not ‘PWM’ (2-pin) but I have been wrong before (see note above - I AM married so well-experienced in ‘being wrong’). Again - suggestion on controller board? seems like I can get one for $35 or so from Amazon.

If anyone thinks they know what happened to my existing laser - I’m willing to try about anything… I can’t make it worse!.

Any ideas, suggestions or advice is happily considered.

Thanks everyone,
Arden

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.