MacBook Pro Lightburn doesn't find device but xTool Creative Space does

Hi,

I am unsure, if this is the right space for my question but hope you can help me.

Today I got my xTool D1 Pro and with my Windows system everything worked fine directly. But I am using it in a different room and need to get it running with my MacBook Pro 2016. I have read many articles and posts about that and every post states that it needs the correct driver, which I have installed already (I think). The odd thing is, that xTool Creative Space works just fine with the hardware, so that I assume, that everything is installed correctly. Only Lightburn does not work and I would love to work with it.

Now, that I tried a lot, I am frustrated and hope to find help here. Do you have any ideas what to do next?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
Chris

Are you following the instructions from xTool on setting this up? Auto-detection of the laser need not be required.

Operate xTool D1 Pro with LightBurn – xTool

This is an instruction for windows? And when I search for “auto” or “detection” on this site I find nothing.

Very surprisingly it works now and I don’t know why. Tried it for hours until I wrote here and suddenly it just works. Good that it works but I would love to know whats different now in case it will not work anymore again later.

Thank you for your input.

The procedure is the same irrespective of operating system. The lbdev file should be used to create the device.

In any case glad you’re up and running.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.