Material test gweike cloud

Hello All
I am new here and brand new to lasers, so I’m struggling a little to wrap my head around it.
reading everyone’s posts have helped.
Right now I’m trying to run material tests.
I have an idea of the speed/powers settings I would like to use. But when I go to edit material settings within the material test, there is no where to enter material height?
Currently I adjust this when playing around in cuts/layers to find my focus height but I can’t do this within the material test.
I hope that makes sense :smiling_face:

I do not see your machine has a powered Zaxis. Focus is set using a focus tool (rod or shim) by manually adjusting the Z position. I do not understand why you are making focus adjustments in the Cuts/Layers window.

Maybe you can explain the process you are using?

The whole area is determined by the size of each box and the number of boxes…

:smile_cat:

Thank you for your response. I believe it is powered but could be wrong. I currently follow a post I found on here that has been helpful. It is this process I’m using.

Sorry I might add that I also tried to move the z axis into the correct height prior to running the test, using the move tool but when I began the test it did what think was try to auto focus and the head moved down and probed the material. I let it run that test anyway but it was clearly not in focus.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.