Microsoft updated - Lightburn activation key was apparently lost, and says I've reached activation limit HELP

Last night I shut down the main computer that Lightburn is installed on, and it prompted me to “Update and shut down”.

This morning I turned it on, and was greeted with a Windows screen saying Windows had been updated. The first time I tried to open a Lightburn file, it popped up with a window “you have 48 days of updates left on your license”. I hit OK, but the design wasn’t displaying in the Lightburn window… so I closed Lightburn and tried to re-open. The next screen I saw was “input your activation key”. I dug through email and found our key, pasted it in, and was told I’ve reached the maximum devices allowed. Any help???

You may have to go into the license page and deactivate the existing license. I had a similar issue but my pc wasn’t working anymore. I went in deactivated the pc and activated the new pc. It’s fairly easy to do.

EDIT: Here is the FAQ that explains the how.: How to access the license portal to manage your own activations

I’m not sure how to do that, it’s the exact same PC we’ve been using Lightburn on for a couple years. We do have another PC activated but I don’t have access to it at the moment. Pretty frustrating since I’m effectively dead in the water and lost this morning already.

Email our support with your name, email address, etc… and we can try to look up your key for you.

Hi Ray, I did that already a couple hours ago. I forwarded the email receipt from our license purchase last June, the email address and such are all the same as the receipt.

Looks like this issue has been addressed and now sorted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.