Mirror anglular velocity adjustment for different lenses

I have setup my laser for my 300x300mm coverage and have used the 2,000mm/s speeds…

I have two more lenses coming that are far shorter…

I’ve assumed the 2,000mm/s was being applied to the material … probably erroneously…

If I change the height of the galvo head, it will change how fast the surface speed is on the material.

If at the A height, it’s laying down 2000mm/s, it has to engraving faster at the B height with the same settings.

Is this adjustable based on lens size?

:smile_cat:

Oz has solved this …

https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/rotating-table-support/91769/16

Thanks…

That link does not work? says it does not exist or is private? I too am looking at what must be changed if I change lens. Seems it’s not so straight forward as swapping out the lens itself?

The link works fine for me…

This discussion is for a fiber laser… Your profile doesn’t indicate you have a fiber (galvo) laser…

Do you?

If it’s for a fiber there is a setup to compensate for the lens distortion… The other lasers don’t seem to be as picky…

Just updated the profile - I do have a cloudray 60watt mopa JPT

Maybe @JohnJohn can get you access or move it.

It may be the galvo beta group that is locked… that isn’t allowing you to read it…

Great you have a machine…

What are you using it for?

Try this video from Lightburn

Laser Everything has some good videos… They also have a youtube presence.

Much of it is free but they have a membership with certain advantages.

The post is in a beta group, so you won’t see it, but I’ve copied the text here:

The speed setting is indeed based on the surface speed. Ultimately it’s converted to “angular bits per second” where the full available range of the rotating mirror is represented as a value from -32767 to +32767 (or 16 bits of total range).

If you had a 200mm field lens and changed to a 100mm lens, it would double the angular rate of the mirrors to hit the same speed.

Thanks…

Might want to add to it my question about how it knows which lens you’re using … and your reply…