Mount stand with 8mp camera mount

I honestly feel like this is a dumb question as I am new to this whole laser engraving world, but i purchased the LightBurn 8mp camera and dont know if im supposed to put it up directly over the work area . i have a 500x600 area but dont have an enclosed laser like most of everyone using light burn. how high up should the camera be looks like 23" in the center gives a good view but dont have anything to mount the mount to. Is there a file for making a stand and if so where will i find this ?

How did you determine the correct lens for your setup without measuring first?

I see you posted a similar question elsewhere on the forum and Oz responded:

Hi RIck ,
i just bought the 8 mp lens from lightburn but i saw one image with it in the front of the work space but in another feed saying to have it over the work space so i had someone hold the camera over the work space till it filled the area on the screen measured to them lens and found a 20" legged table to use for my structure to mount camera on lol

1 Like

500x600 work space did I get the wrong camera?

Don’t you have to build a house for your laser, with suction? I couldn’t burn anything without extraction, the odor genes were too bad. At the same time, you get new options for mounting your camera.

I drilled a small hole in the top of the lid, suitable for the optics from my camera, and mounted it with tape, a dirty but very effective solution that was only intended as a test of the camera capabilities.
I do not know if I have a picture with camera, shortly after this test I switched to my K40

…by the way, the little 12V PC fan on the back was enough to remove the smoke!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.