is that the new 4520? you can see that it fried! if that is the new one it was the wrong one. the one you posted above is a P channel and you need an N channel. Go to this link and read this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronics/comments/2qwybn/mosfets_nchannel_vs_pchannel/
From what I saw in your first post, I didn"t think anything was wrong with your 4520. I said there may be something wrong somewhere else on your board. I think I “might” be right. What scares me now is how bad your board may have been damaged by installing the P-channel.
Keep me upated please !!
Just realized I didn’t show u the mosfet that was fried and that black wire to the left is the one I had to solder back together. The pcb had a total of three of these mosfets on it. No I didn’t install the p channel one thank god. I realized that when I got it but I can’t seem to find the 4520 anywhere for some reason
no luck here either on the 4520, sent a few calls out for the right one, now waiting for answer.
I did not notice that your were talking about a hand held laser until I saw batteries! I do not own a hand held. But components are still components.
I redid my wires on the C.B. I really did not like all wire wraps so I went with one.
I also am going to shorten the stepper wires by about 12".
That will get rid of the last small wire wrap.
I went into zeus lasers site. Contact those people and see what kind of help you can get from them.
Let me know what you find out.
I tried calling them and emailed them also no response yet. The only thing I can think of for the 4520 is the drain source voltage of 45v and the gate source voltage of ±20v but still can’t really find anything that has those numbers?
Bryon:
Guess what I found !!! Cost looks like $12.50 each. This one should work.
Hey where on that website am I able to buy the part? Still haven’t found that part. Bummer
Or at least somewhere that I’m able to buy it lol
hello Bryon:
Sorry, not trying to brush you off! My cancer has had me down for awhile, but I’m up and running again, I hope!!! I saw in my email that you got a new board for your pointer. I’m glad to hear that. The price sounded like a really good deal!
Randy
Damn I had no idea sorry to hear that man hope all is ok with u. I just figured u were busy. No worries.
I got the new one I was just gonna see if u might be able to help me figure out where some wires gotta go cause they sent me a different pcb but they said this is the new one there using now
I figured out the switches and obviously the battery wires and the in+ but was wondering about some of the other wires I’m guessing the kl+ and kl- are the led’s so does that mean that n- is ground? And what would the x- be? I really appreciate ur help and even if we can’t figure it out the guy is gonna send me a wire diagram on monday
I’m just kinda impatient lol
hello Bryon -
I have good days and bad, depends on what stupid things I do. Anyway, like you said, wait for the schematics. It’s a guessing game on what color coding they are using. I have never heard herd of “N-” being ground. But who knows now days.
No worries thanx anyway.. but hey I seen that u said something about not liking the red wire cover on ur laser u were building? I found some pretty cool looking ones that I’m gonna use on my new electric dirtbike I just got and thought they might look pretty cool on ur project also
Oh yea I forgot to show u the new bikes I got they are pretty sweet. There electric dirt bikes pretty much lol
One goes 90 mph the other does 70mph they have a 2.5 kWh battery 72v 40a lol








