My laser is burning through the material at .01% on fire mode

So I have Ortur Laser Master 2, I am having some major issues with this unit at the moment it is only two days old. I am using light burn, When I hit the fire button it’s percent is set to 0.01% And in less than a second it is burning through wood. Anytime I manually Move the laser the laser will come on and it will burn. When I make the laser go back to the home position it turns on in Burns the whole way. My computer is fully updated I installed the newest version of the firmware everything is all updated. Has anybody ever ran into this problem if so can you please help me.

Yeah I set up everything properly I wish I could upload the video so you can understand what I’m saying I’ll try to post some images.

Keep in mind I hate the fire button and had it on less than a second

How do you have your firmware set? And please show your Device Settings page for this profile. You can click the ‘Spanner / Screwdriver’ icon, top-center, to expose.

To see the firmware settings, type $$ into the ‘Console’ window and hit Return / Enter. Copy and paste the entirety (screen scrolls) back here for review.

Host it somewhere like YouTube or another service, make it sharable and share the link.

Thanks, but I need you to scroll that entire window with your capture, I need to see what is above as well. :slight_smile:

The issue here is that your Ortur control board has failed. It happened to me twice. The second replacement board arrived yesterday with a set of grounding instructions. I have now been able to use it for more than an hour before it fails and goes to full power, all of the time. This is the link to the grounding instructions, Ortur – Ortur Laser Master Grounding – Ortur.

You will need to contact Ortur support and request a replacement. It takes about a week but they have identified the issue with the recent batch of MCU boards and you will get one from a new batch. While you are waiting for it to come in you can follow the grounding instructions and be ready for it when it arrives.

1 Like

I’m really not sure how the machine got a static charge it’s sitting on wood. I mean my bench has metal framing. Do you have any pointers on how I can ground the machine so I do not run into this issue?

2 Likes

To test if your MCU is still good, or not, this is the video that Ortur sent me, ORTUR LASER MASTER - Basic PWM Multimeter Test - YouTube

It will test the voltage going to the laser to determine if the MCU has failed and needs to be replaced.

1 Like

Thank you all very much for the help I really appreciate it!!!

The machine is only two days old I’m actually going to send it back to the manufacture and just get a new one it’s under warranty. Just in case because I don’t know if I damaged something else and it’s just not 100% failed yet why take the chance.

You could do that but you may end up with another bad MCU if the dealer you got it from has a bunch from the same batch. Ortur just sent me a brand new MCU that has the new fix they came up with. That’s also how I found out about the grounding issue. This new MCU has been working flawlessly compared to the first two I had. They only lased about 30 minutes.

You do what makes you more comfortable. If you do return it for another unit make sure that they send you one that has been upgraded.

What did you find out in this. I think mine may be doing same thing. I bought it Feb March time frame. But only been using it about a month. Done 10 projects or so. Did one tonight, then went to test on a different material and the light is big area and it’s burning wood @.25% fire.