ORTUR LASER MASTER 2 - Service Notice - Grounding

ORTUR LASER MASTER 2 - Service Notice - Grounding
Full Documentation: http://ortur.tech/orturgrounding

Some users have been reporting and experiencing Static Electricity build up in their machines while in use, especially on raster engraving operations.

This build up of Static Electricity can become severe to the point that its discharge – via the 12v rail – can cause the motherboard to reset. Therefore causing interrupted engraving operations (Alarm 3/Connection Lost errors).

In extreme circumstances the static build up might lead to hardware damage.

Although the number of users affected by this situation is statistically low, Ortur will implement mitigation changes in the hardware to address this issue.

Ortur is working imediatly in developing a Grounding Kit that will be made available for all customer that does not feel comfortable performing the above guide. Please inquire via Ticketing system for availability.

3 Likes

I’ve implemented this fix using my own cabling and can confirm that I have had precisely ZERO rogue jobs since. All of my issues with jobs going crazy at around 90% have been fixed.

2 Likes

Thank you for that information. I am still waiting for the kit. I don’t have all of the materials needed to do it ourselves so don’t want to spend more.

I had this to hand so I made my own: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G744V5Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No need for fork connectors, you can just wrap the wire around the screw. Do you know how long you will be waiting for the leads from Ortur?

No, I don’t know how long. It has been several weeks. I would think it wouldn’t be too much longer but I do live in the US so things take weeks coming from China. My brother-in-law is an electrician so I could ask him. I just didn’t want to bother him if we could get the kit.

I had all these problems described above and I’ve implemented this grounding. Confirm, this solution fully solved all the problems I was experiencing.
Thank you for that information