Stream completed before end of job

I’ve been using Ortur for a few months now to create portraits. The last few weeks project just stops in the middle of a work session. The Console just says, “connection lost“stream completed”. It usually is working anywhere from 5 mins to 18mins and just stops and say stream completed. My laser sessions are generally 3.30 to 4 hrs each . I’ve read and researched and cannot find any reason or how to fix this issue. My connections are secure and I have the latest LightBurn 0.9.23. Didn’t didn’t start disconnecting like this until I updated this a couple weeks ago. I’m sure it’s just coincidence but before this last update I’ve never had a job disconnect or stream complete before the work was to be finished. Does anyone have some insight or experiencing the same issues?

Thank you .

I have the same issue. I have contacted Ortur and they think it is a static build up issue and are sending a new grounding kit but also have instructions to make your own if you feel comfortable doing it. I have yet to receive the kit so I don’t know if this will actually fix it.

Others have said they have this issue. I would like to know if anyone has done the grounding and if that fixed it.
Judy

I’ve got the same issue with mine. It’s the Cohesion board in the k40. I’ve got another C3d board on an led setup with no issues.

Have you reached out to the nice folks over at Cohesion3D?

Just got the grounding kit yesterday. Was able to my first 2+ hour burn.

Yes, been doing a lot of reading too!
I’m going to check all the connections and do some more grounding tomorrow.
I’ve never had any issues with my first C3d board, so this is new. I may go ahead and get a better power supply as everyone seems to think the factory one is junk.