My S1 laser isn’t focusing properly and engraving thick lines rather than cutting

I have an XTool S1 40w laser. I have been using XCS for the last 6 months with no issues but there were things I couldn’t do in the program and was recommended to try Lightburn. I have had nothing but issues with my laser since downloading Lightburn.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program multiple times and have also tried going back to XCS but nothing is working properly.

The laser will not focus now and is burning really wide thick lines and isn’t cutting through the material. I use this laser for leather work. I have a project that has to go out tomorrow and I have wasted so much time and material. I’m hoping you can help me asap.

I will attach a photo of the most recent piece.

I was trying to cut out a wallet, which is rectangle shape and instead of cutting a rectangle, it burned a triangle. Since then, I have just been using this piece for scrap trying to troubleshoot and nothing is working.
The laser has tried to catch fire three times now too and it’s never done that the entire time I’ve had it.

I have tried multiple different settings and it doesn’t change the outcome.

Are you using Lightburn 1.7.00 Beta?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.