Need help with Painting MDF

You need to crawl before you can walk or run… sometimes it takes more work…

Hang in there I’m sure you’ll figure it out…

:smile_cat:

To avoid paint running down the cuts I paint the sheet before cutting. You may want to mask it to keep the smoke off the painted surface. You may also need to increaase the power slightly to account for the masking and paint.

2 Likes

Thanks Tim. I’ll give that a whirl

Check also colored MDF but read the MSDS:

“Quality approved finish”. Yes. Yes, I’m sure it is.

This came with a battery:

The perfectly aligned “hand stamp” tells you it’s really good.

:fire_extinguisher:

3 Likes

Already corrected it, I did a bigger frame to point to thickness but forgot to highlight it. :grinning:

Making positive progress. That’s really what matters.

Tim, painting prior and masking before cutting is a WHO LOT easer to a point. Only done 1, but I ‘m finding out that I’m not sure its’ worth all the time and effort. Having said that I’ve only done 2 and sold 0. No worries either way. Just occupying my time in the afternoons.

This time of year I spend a lot of time on a mower.

1 Like

I use a lot of MDF from Home Depot. It cuts and paints great. I use acrylic paint and rustolum spray paint depending on what I’m doing. The spray paint is usually flat white, black or red.

3 Likes

Thanks Chet for the input. The more I do this acrylic paint, the more I like the look and ease of use. I’ll check out Home Depot as well.

1 Like

When i want a shiny surface coat, I use water-based Varathane gloss urethane spray cans. This is an indoor paint, but MDF outdoors is not a good idea anyhow.

I buy the Behr 7.25oz paint samples for about $7. They can custom blend any color or shade you can imagine.