Need Ortur Laser Master 2 driver for windows 10?

Hi,
We have just received a Ortur Laser Master 2 laser 20W, do we need windows drivers to make is this unit function and connect to the hardware? Right now it isn’t connecting, so not sure what else it could be.

If it needs drivers can someone point me a direction to get them, I have contacted Ortur and they have been useless in their responses. They keep telling me to use the Q code that comes with the unit. But we do not have a smart phone, so we can’t connect to what we need and they have not provided an alternative way to get these.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doc

Hi,
I have just found this download link for your Laser
https://lasergrbl.com/ortur-manuals/
Just had a look myself, and installation instructions are included.
looks as if you do need the drivers.
I don’t own a Ortur but I
Hope this helps.

Hi,
Thanks for taking to time to reach out. I have the manual, as a matter of fact Ortur has sent it to me 2x’s telling me the driver included in the zip file they gave me a link for…but it doesn’t. It does contain a Q code for where they claim the driver is, but we don’t own a smart phone to be able to get it. And they have not provided an alternative.

I will keep trying, I am sure that I am not the first person that has been through this, I just need to find them!

Merry Christmas!

James

@OrturTech, is there a direct link for this driver?

Hi Rick,
Thanks for the reply, you’ll have to help me please. I have been to their site in the past week and can’t find a driver page. The link you sent just brings me to the site itself. Is there a specific page that contains the driver for the Ortur Laser Master 2 laser 20W that you have seen, please forward it.

Thanks!
Doc

I am trying to. I did not provide a link for you. :slight_smile:

My post asked the direct rep [Ortur Tech], who is a member here as well, from the folks that make this gear, for the link to the correct driver. Wait for his response, please.

I was wondering about this, hopefully they will get back to you. Thanks for the follow up.

Hi,
The link I sent you on the Laser GRBL website, is to a zip file which not only includes the manual, but the installation instructions and STM windows drivers, they are in the Lasergrbl folder, within Drivers for WindowsOS, I downloaded the file to check and the driver files are called VCP_V1.5.0_setup_
depending which version of Windows you have.

I have included a screenshot of the folder containing the drivers

Thanks Martin,
I actually had this zip file but was going into the Lightburn control software folder thinking that logically that is where the drivers would be for light burn.

I have not loaded the driver into the system yet, but I assume that this driver will connect and run the software (Lightburn) and the hardware Ortur Master 2. I will give it a shot, I appreciate the assist, I am very new at this, so it is all a bit intimidating right now. And it is true, a picture is worth a thousand words!

Merry Christmas!
Doc

So I was having issues with my Ortur Laser, after about 30 attempts of trying different things I finally believe I’ve fixed all my issues. I posted the link to the driver I am using.
I chose the 64 bit Windows 7 driver. At the end of installation it will ask if you want to update… DO NOT update.

Thanks,…you mentioned a Windows 7 version, I have a 64 bit windows 10 box, will it work on it?
Is the link the STSW-STM32102 - STMicroelectronics?

James

@OrturTech?

Bit of work in progress but
https://ortur.tech/olm2/
Drivers section

1 Like

Thanks, I will follow the directions, I hope that it works.

James

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.