New 8mp Camera?

I have a limited number of them at the moment, but have placed another order.

it would be nice to use the room like this:

1 Like

Thatā€™s the new print and cut feature weā€™ve just created, but you donā€™t need a camera for it at all.

And how it work?

1 Like

Any word when the 8mp 90Ā° camera will be back in stock? Iā€™d rather hold out for it, than drop the hammer on the 140Ā° 5mp.

We have an order for 40 more in progress - likely another week or two out.

1 Like

Is it possible to preorder one?

They shipped on Friday, so theyā€™ll be here in a couple days - I have back-order turned off for these, partly because the holidays are going to add to lead times for the next round and I donā€™t like holding peopleā€™s money. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Made a mount using kydex and part of go pro mount, lol.

At first I thought, ā€œthatā€™s a small GoPro mountā€ because my brain automatically assumed that was a 5mp camera. Iā€™m all caught up now. :slight_smile:

Lol, it will work for now. I will probably make something a little nicer looking at some point but right now I need the machine working for jobs. But it actually works very well and why not use something laying around instead of spending time recreating it.

Tim Boger, I couldnā€™t reply to your email because it was noreply at lightburn and I couldnā€™t find your name in this thread but maybe you will see this to answer your question.

I ended up getting the 8mp 95 deg and it came out perfect. It is mounted around 30 to 31ā€ above the bed and mounted it right at the bend of the pedi cover instead of near the handle to give it a straight down view, you could be several inches closer and it would still pick up all of the bed.

When you print out the dots to calibrate it with you have to make sure it prints all of the dots and has white area along the edges or it wonā€™t recognize it. I believe I switched it to landscape view and shrunk the percentage to be able to make all the dots print on the paper. I then sprayed some adhesive ( could use glue stick, roll on) on a piece of cardboard and cut it to fit, slayed it flat on bed since it was looking straight down. You may also have to play with lighting to get best results. Hope this helps.

I will post a pic of the bed view for everyone to see what it looks like at that distance and it could have been closer like OZ said.

1 Like

^^^^^ @Timb ^^^^^

1 Like

Hey Brandon,

I canā€™t say why but Iā€™m struggling to to do the calculations needed to make the decision myself, will numbers I added below be enough to get a camera recommendation?

My work area is approximately 400 mm X 600 mm ā€¦ the height at the curve under the lid where I expect the camera would mount is roughly 850 mm above the work surface.

Iā€™d like to purchase the camera today if the recommended device is in stock.

Thank you Brandon and Lightburn guys for the help.

Tim Boger

Here is a pic of what it will pick up at 33ā€ straight above the bed on a 16ā€x30ā€ bed.

Impressive clarity

600mm wide is your larger axis.

The camera factors listed on the site give you:

• 600 / 0.825 = 727mm minimum height for the 60 degree
  • 600 / 1.4 = 428mm minimum height for the 90
  • 600 / 1.5 = 400mm for the 120
  • 600 / 1.8 = 333mm for the 140
  • 600 / 2.7 = 222mm for the 160

These are absolute minimum mounting heights for the camera to see the full bed, assuming directly overhead, straight down, dead center. You should always assume youā€™ll need a little extra space for wiggle room or mounting slightly off-angle. Since your lid is 850mm up, the 60 degree looks like the right choice, and you have 120mm of ā€˜playā€™, which is plenty.

Perfect, thank you OZ!

Am I correct thinking that the camera mount placement is for the most part set up to use with the Laser lid open while locating placement of design over material to be cut?

So with the lid open the camera lens will be pointed to the center of the work surface?

Do you folks have the 60 degree set up in stock and available to buy now? Please do link me to it.

Thanks again Oz,
Tim Boger

The reason we suggest overhead with a narrow angle is to improve the accuracy for material placement. This also means that your lid hinges canā€™t have much play, as the camera has to sit in the same position when using it. With a 600mm wide machine, you could probably get away with a wider angle view with the lid closed (assuming there is room) but the placement accuracy isnā€™t as high on the sides as it is in the center if you go that route.

Hereā€™s a link to the 60: