New lens, can't get the focus

How did you do this? I thought you just used the thumb adjustment screws on the back…?

What adjustment do you have for m2? X axes or Y?

:smile_cat:

Had to change the X Axis.
Watching the Video right now, haven’t seen that one yet. Being at Minute 10 of 30, Russ has already pointed out the problems I had. Still 20 mins to go, super excited.

re Russ’ video clip:
I have used some similar tools for M3, which I have 3d printed before. Not as enhanced as his, but doing the job. I like his modification, because really the chinese make everything difficult, releasing the lense tube etc. Also his Z-Axis tool is nice, I did pulses with different distance - not as accurate.
His explanations in the first 10 minutes are amazingly clear, but what I found somewhat disappointing was that M1 and M2 were aligned already and not shown how he has aligned them. So the 15 minutes to get the setup done seems to be just for M3. Nevertheless, learned something from it, what I need to do:

make sure everyting is centered
make sure 45 degree
move mirrors not the beam
cut hard paper targets fittin the hole, as my targets are not accurate to mount
create better alignment tools

You can see why replacing the head to one of Sadlers has a good following… close to new on the left, currently on the right…

Good luck

Is that something you can buy or made by yourself ?

It’s pretty much designed and made by Russ Sadler in the UK. You can purchase the parts from him and install it yourself. There is a lot of work to do this… Not to mention these machines are not exactly exact duplicates of each.

This has all the parts he was selling at the time. He removed part of the left sides of his machine, to assist access to m2 and has a cover for it, then the belt drive followed by the Lightweight head, the large drawing on the bottom right is his tube holder…

Remove the ‘.txt’ extension, it’s a dxf file.

All details for lightweight head design.dxf.txt (411.1 KB)

focus-step-gage.lbrn2 (41.8 KB)

3mm-holder.lbrn2 (46.3 KB)

Here is some photos

Good luck

Thanks for sharing this.
I have watched RDWorks Learning :Lab 192 where Russ explains all these parts. Really looks like a whole lot of work, even when you buy everything from Russ (couldn’t figure out where to buy).