New Linux Mint Install LightBurn not Connecting to Laser

I may have created a problem for myself. I got a new computer – installed the latest Linux Mint. Then I copied the Lightburn install from my old machine over to the new. This required that I handle the licensing stuff – but I was able to get that done.

I am able to successfully run Lightburn – but I cannot get it to talk to either of my two lasers (i.e. an xTool D1 non-pro, and a JPT Galvo.) I made sure to ensure that I had added my user to the dialout group as instructed in the LightBurn Installation documents and I have also validated that my system is seeing the laser on the USB port. I am out of ideas on what to try.

For reference the output from the dmesg is below:
[18673.479606] scsi host4: usb-storage 1-8:1.0
[18674.512325] scsi 4:0:0:0: Direct-Access Generic Flash Disk 8.07 PQ: 0 ANSI: 4
[18674.512638] sd 4:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
[18674.513442] sd 4:0:0:0: [sdb] 61440000 512-byte logical blocks: (31.5 GB/29.3 GiB)
[18674.514120] sd 4:0:0:0: [sdb] Write Protect is off
[18674.514122] sd 4:0:0:0: [sdb] Mode Sense: 23 00 00 00
[18674.516177] sd 4:0:0:0: [sdb] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn’t support DPO or FUA
[18674.522434] sdb: sdb1
[18674.524410] sd 4:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI removable disk
[18674.926579] FAT-fs (sdb1): Volume was not properly unmounted. Some data may be corrupt. Please run fsck.
[19896.839379] usb 1-5: USB disconnect, device number 9
[19901.013896] usb 1-5: new high-speed USB device number 11 using xhci_hcd
[19901.262615] usb 1-5: New USB device found, idVendor=9588, idProduct=9899, bcdDevice= 0.00
[19901.262629] usb 1-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[19901.262635] usb 1-5: Product: USBLMCV2
[19901.262640] usb 1-5: Manufacturer: BJJCZ
[19901.262645] usb 1-5: SerialNumber: 20120331001

Anyone have some ideas on what I can try next?

I thought I replied to this… but I’m guess I’m hallucinating or someone else on another thread is wondering about me… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Had a similar issue with the fiber… I assume this is an EZCad2 board?

Looked a lot like yours… I skipped a step in there somewhere… but follow this thread and I think it’ll get you connected…

If you have issues, sing out…

Good luck


This looks like it may have fixed things. It is finding my galvo laser and I am able to frame a project.

I’ll spend some time tomorrow and see if things are working correctly for all of my lenses and also with the xTool D1 non-Pro. I am anxious to start using my new more powerful machine to do my laser projects.

Thanks so much Jack – I’ll report back on my results tomorrow night.

If this resolves the connection issue. Mark the pertaining thread as a solution…

If you have other problems… start a new thread… Users can’t find information buried in a post where the title isn’t related…

Take care, have fun


Thanks again Jack.

I did find out the problem with getting Lightburn to communicate with my xTool D1 non-Pro in my fresh Linux Mint install. Apparently ch341 UART converter was being claimed by the BRLTTY application. This is something that is automatically installed when you do a default install of Linux Mint. The only way I could find to get this cleared up was to remove the BRLTTY app (not a big deal for me since I don’t have a braille keyboard.) The command for doing so within Mint was

sudo apt-get remove --autoremove brltty

I hope this helps someone else in the future.

I thought that was in the link I sent you… it’s a known issue with that driver…

Glad you’re up…

Take care


This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.