No device found via Ethernet (Thunder 24-60, PC, win10)

File transfer/com errors in LightBurn

Created by Brian Keith Bell

reported via phone

37 minutes ago (Thu, Jul 2 2020 at 8:30 AM)

Brian - I am not sure what’s going on. I keep getting a transfer failed when I try and send a file to the laser. Have shut off machine, restarted lightburn…? Of course I came out early as I have a bunch of tumblers to do. Suggestions?

No busy, not paused.

Maureen Maloy

It’s saying it is disconnected

Brian

want me to remote in and have a look?

Maureen Maloy

Pretty please.

Brian Keith Bell's picture

Brian Keith Bell

replied

38 minutes ago (Thu, Jul 2 2020 at 8:30 AM)

Hello ,

I’ve initiated a remote support session to assist you better. Please join my session by clicking the below link and follow the instructions.

JOIN SESSION

Thanks,

Brian Bell

Brian Keith Bell's picture

Brian Keith Bell

added a public note

5 minutes ago (Thu, Jul 2 2020 at 9:03 AM)

Initiated remote session. The PC is pinging the laser and there are no IP address conflicts. PC and DSP have been restarted multiple times.

Added another device instance via USB as a workaround. Machine and software function normally via USB. Will submit this issue to the LightBurn forum for assistance on the Ethernet issue.

Brainstorming here:

Is there a DHCP server on this network? If so, what is the dynamic pool range? Is the range overlapping the 100 address? Could another client have a lease on 100 (thus responding when pinging)? Easy way to tell: Unplug the Ethernet cable from the laser and ping again. :slight_smile:

Next, what does this look like:

1 Like

We have had a couple issues with our recent framework change in 0.9.14, so I’ve reverted it for the next release. I can send you a link to a current pre-release of 0.9.15 if you’d like to have them try it. That has resolved a network issue for 2 or 3 other people.

no ip conflict. ad hoc network. we did do a terminal ping with the dsp attached and disconnected

ya that would be good. thanks :slight_smile:

I had the same issue.

My machine (Mac mini i5) was connected via wifi to my router, the RuiDa connected via ethernet.

Really flaky behaviour - sometimes it would, sometimes not. Rebooting controller and PC would sometimes fix, sometimes not.

I connected the machine via ethernet and since then, no problems at all. If I go back to wifi, patchy.

This only started to happen with the 9.13/9.14 upgrade.

yes please, Oz.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Connections issues with a Ruida controller

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.