No image from light burn camera

I just received my LightBurn camera a couple days ago and am having the exact same issues as Jeff Mc Tear. Windows 10, all is up to date, the PC recognizes the camera and it works fine in the camera app. However, I cannot get it to work in LightBurn. In Camera Privacy everything is set to allow, but LightBurn is not showing up in the list of recognized Desktop Apps.

… and you’ve worked through the stuff in this post, already linked above? Getting your camera to work in the hellscape of Windows 10

Yes Sir. I did all that before I sent the message. I also checked directly with PC Matic to make sure they weren’t blocking anything too.

In the settings, at the bottom is a setting for ‘Capture System’. There are two options - Default and Custom. Can you try each of them? Default is the old one, Custom is the new one (and confusingly now the default, so I may have to rename these). You’ll need to restart LightBurn if you change it.

Oz, that fixed the problem. I switched to Default Capture System and restarted LightBurn. Bingo, it’s working now.

Thanks for your help.

All the best,

Scott Meer

After a bit of trial and error, I was able to figure out my problem. it very similar to privacy setting in windows setting menu. This computer is on a domain network and i have to put in to the network group policy (GPO) setting to allow any program to use the camera on that computer in the active directory.

Oh dear lord… nothing like making things as easy as possible. I’ll add that to the list of ways Windows prevents camera access. I haven’t heard this one before - thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.