Not Enough Extend Space Error

Yes I searched and read those threads, all of which are locked. It doesn’t seem like this is the same problem, and I am posting in Hardware because I think it’s a controller thing and not a Lightburn thing. (That being said, it would be a COOL feature for Lightburn to overlay the required extend space in conjunction with the camera as a semi-transparent layer, or even just on the bed diagram in the software, to assist with setting the maximum speed or placement for a given object).

I asked about guitar bodies here: Engraving oddly shaped items (like guitar bodies)

and got to a point I could try to run a junk one as a test. At first I tried to run it at 350mm/s (Boss Laser LS-1420) but when I hit start, I received the “frame slop error”. So I moved it around, and eventually lowered the speed to 250mm/s. That allowed the file to run, which I tested first with the lid up.

After over 2 hours of running the job, the laser stopped and the screen displayed the “Not Enough Extend Space” error (not “extended” as people seem to post a lot…). The point it stopped was almost 70mm down from the top edge of our laser’s bed… after I gave up hope and cleared the error, I was easily able to move the laser to the top edge of the bed. If anything, the x axis portions of the file were FURTHER from the left and right sides of the bed than they had been during the portions of the file it actually completed, thus adding to my confusion. I cannot figure out why it would just stop, with plenty of y-travel remaining, and it had already lasered closer to the x axis edge than I was asking it to do. If the x axis distance was the problem with the head of the laser needing space to slow down, I would think I’d get the “frame slop” error I’m used to seeing, no?

I posted on Facebook also to try and get an array of opinions. It’s very frustrating to get that close to being done before the error crops up/not be able to ID the problem until after the job is mostly done and have no way to rectify it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.