Numpad mask to control Ruida

Thank you. There was a reply on Sep 25 that seemed to indicate it was still working, but no version number was listed. Hopefully, LightBurn will include shortcut keys for both cut boundary and rubberband boundary, so they can be triggered with a remote keypad.

That reply from Lightburn’s Oz on 25 sept was based on a small mistake (the shortcut was overwritten by another function). In the next release, the Rubberband frame shortcut (Alt+Shift+R) will work again.

Note that the normal square boundary frame shortcut (Alt+R) has always worked, and still does.

Gran trabajo amigo , muy agradecido .
Intentare replicar tu trabajo , es muy buena idea .

1 Like

Do you know if there is a Shortcut to Update Overlay?

I wouldn’t know, sorry.

This wound be EXTREMELY useful for numberpad based pendants!

Rubberband frame shortcut (ALT-SHIFT-R) works again after updating to 0.9.18! Thanks Oz/devs!

2 Likes

Jordgubb congratulations on a super idea. I have adapted a wireless numpad for this task. I just used tape over the keys, so it’s functional but not elegant like the ‘Jordgubb original’.

Oz - Is it possible to simulate the Home key on LightBurn using HIDmacros? I find I use that control quite a bit when I’m loading/unloading my laser. I know there’s a way of homing using the Ruida controller, but I have a few buttons left on my remote numpad…

That looks great, Trevor! Glad to see the idea coming to life once again :slight_smile:
And yes, functionality was the main purpose of the idea so I wouldn’t worry about elegance too much!

Hi
I have a Elgato steam-deck

Can program custom keys + graphics for each key…
Could this be used?

I don’t know the Stream Deck, just try it!

Hi LightBurn people - I’m bumping this as I never got a reply

Need a little help with the movement keys… Build one of these (the cheap numpad + hidmacros) but see people are not having to program any shortcuts for the laser head movement? (because there arent any shotcurts for this apparently) But just the arrow keys are not working for me on my laptop (so without using the diy controller). I can open the move menu in Lighturn and click the arrows, which works fine.

But from this topic i gather people are using their arrow keys for direct movement, is this something that needs to be enabled in the options anywhere?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

very cool. the wooden buttons are great.

1 Like

Sorry if I’m missing something, but how would a Mac user control the laser from a keyboard, considering there is no numlock on Macs?

Any Mac users with a solution?

The quickest easiest way is to get a USB num pad.

This was just a quick Amazon search. Get one that you like.