Odd acceleration issue on Ruida controller, CONTINUED

Hello all. Back in June I had an issue where it seemed that the acceleration of the head on my Ruida based machine slowed down considerably when moving past the first shape it was to fill. this was on v0.9.24 of Lightburn. The temporary workaround was simply to go back to v0.9.20 and I would hope it was fixed down the road. I never really heard anything back so I just waited patiently for an update. Now that v1.0.01, I’ve since installed it and it seems that the issue still persists. What can be done to solve this issue? I’d rather not just stay at v0.9.20 forever and keep paying for updates. I’d like to try and integrate some of the newer features into my workflow but I have to solve this issue first.
The original issue was presented in the forum in mid June here: Odd acceleration issue on Ruida controller

Thanks in advance.

Leon

Hi
I also have this problem on my Ruida6445. If I make few same objects (one object is one group), first is normaly layer speed 200mm/s (I can change it normly on controller display), when second object (second group) start - speed is 125mm/s, and I cant not change it on Ruida settings (on Ruida monitor). When all objects is one group - and laser graving all objects in same time, then all is ok

Does your RuiDa display also show oddly the workpiece in the image over the parts it’s already completed? Hard to describe but I show it in the YouTube link that’s in my post from June.

Any ideas? Anyone…?

Bueller…?
Bueller … ?

:wink:

I’ve done some further testing on this issue. So it only has this issue when Fill Shapes Individually is selected and there are multiple passes with a Z step per pass value (in or out; doesn’t matter.)

Again I have tried all versions of LightBurn from v0.9.20 all the way up to v1.0.02 and the last version that does NOT have this issue is v0.9.20 .
I have also tried many firmware versions for my Ruida RDC6445G from V15.01.12 all the way to V15.01.22 with the same result.

Still looking for a solution on this one.

Bump. Still an issue.

I noticed that your min power was set for 8%. Any idea what your tubes min power to fire is.
You could try upping it to the same as max power to see if any change happens.

I set my Max at the console and when you press pulse, if it fires it will fire at that value. Mine will fine at 8, usually. It seems it’s pretty inconsistant at the edge of lasing and not lasing.

The ‘jumpoff speed’ is where the ‘min’ power is. It’s under the “Vendor settings” for each axes.

:smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.