Offset-Fill ignores Power Scale settings

I recently made a custom power level test grid with multiple layers and custom Power Scale settings for each row of the grid. As the shapes were circles I wanted to use Offset-Fill to try and be more efficient.
However, the grid did not come out properly as all shapes were filled at 100% power level.
I noticed this is indeed a bug (and already known since at least august 2022) and filed a bug report on Github.
From other issues there I noticed it is not used actively to track bugs, which is why I am reporting it here as well.
The bug was already mentioned before here:
https://forum.lightburnsoftware.com/t/offset-fill-doesnt-take-into-account-power-scale-settings-on-shapes/72785
But that post is closed so I can’t ask for an update there.
Maybe @Rick or another developer can give me an update as to when this might get fixed?

1 Like

Thank you. We have it on the list, it will be addressed, but unfortunately, we do not have an update on a fix or planned release date at this time.

Feedback from Oz:

I’ll fix, but the user is mistaken - this will absolutely not be more efficient than regular fill, and will produce significantly inferior results. Offset Fill is intended, as specified in the documentation, for shapes with large areas of empty space within them, NOT for general use.

…the only public github we have is for our old documentation site - it was never intended for bug reporting.

I don’t see it. Please share a link if you have it.

Thank you for the reply and update.

I don’t agree with this. when I draw a circle and set it to regular fill, it takes 5:34, while with Offset Fill it takes around 45 seconds less at 4:47. Considering a power grid can consist of 100 circles, it would add up a lot (even though the circles would be smaller than my example, with 5mm diameter it takes 7 vs 3 seconds per circle)
I guess the result might be different, but with the current bug it’s unusable for me, so I can’t know yet.

As a software engineer myself, basically the first place I look is Github. Why would it still be available if it isn’t being used?
Could you make that a little more clear?

Sure, here it is:
Github Bug report

Bug reporting is best addressed here on the forum or via email, where staff can work through the steps required to reproduce. Once confirmed, we then have staff report into our internal tracking systems. I have alerted the dev team and will post back any feedback they provide.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.