OMTech 50W Chuck Rotary question - revisit

Hi all,
I have been doing flat work mostly on my CO2 but have a larger project with tumblers that I’d like to do with the CO2. This is probably not a Lightburn issue, but perhaps it could be fixed in the Machine Settings.

Everything works fine on the Rotary. I loaded up my Machine settings from the last backup I had when it worked fine. Powered off, then disconnected the Y axis from the Gantry, plugged in the chuck rotary, and rebooted. Rotary test works fine on a 30 oz tumbler.

The small issue I’d like to fix is that when I reboot the CO2, it starts with X and Y both at 10,000 on the display of the controller. If I try to do a rotary test, it says this may be out of bounds, so I manually jog the Y axis (rotary) with the up and down arrows on the controller. The issue I’d like to fix is that it only goes one movement per click. I used to be able to hold down the up or down arrow (and left-right arrow) and it would just keep on moving. It won’t now.

Is this an easy fix? I’ve been looking all over for an answer.
It just makes it faster to jog back and forth, or way down to the lower numbers on Y axis to avoid the boundary error.

Thanks in advance.

Below was my original post when I couldn’t figure out the rotary test.

Jog Enable
Device Settings window.

Then switch between incremental and continuous Jog in the Move window.

10,000 in both X and Y axes – in the display after it powers on with no homing is normal.

The home operation tells the controller which quadrant it’s operating within.

These are at maximum displacement, if you put your graphic on the edge it will have no ability to implement overscan and/or you are driving it out of bounds. This is specified by the job origin in the laser window.

These values are set to maximum, you should be able to move it in the two directions where the numbers go down.

Make sense?

:smile_cat:

Yep. Makes sense. That’s why I was trying to lower the value on the contoller window. If I drop it all the way down to the 130s, I get no out of bounds error when framing on a 30oz tumbler.

I’ll also try those device settings. Thanks guys!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.