OMTech Rotary Chuck setup in LB

I am trying to setup my rotary chuck attachment and the manual for my laser mentions 8000 steps as the entry item for setup. however when I hit test in LB it goes around 5.5 times or more before it stops to turn around. Then on full return it is not where it started. What am I doing wrong, or is this normal?

I have a 55w laser with ruida controller. the chuck is the one sold by OMTech

You need to check a few things… Try this thread, it explains how to set these up.

This should get you well on the way. It’s on a ‘chuck’ type but the setup is the same procedure.

The issues is still being worked on, but the details are there to get you started.

If you still have issues, respond back…

Good luck

I have a PiBurn rotary it’s wheeled…

:smiley_cat:

Through different forums and setting trials, I found that 4000 steps per rotation proved to be spot on. I looked at the board and saw it was set at 2000 steps then tried 5000 and 4000. 4000 was the winner.

So your gear ratio is 2 to 1… Need the right numbers…

Which rotary do you have???

Glad you’re up.

If it’s solved mark it so… :slight_smile:

hey congratulations. I’m still messing with this problem. Do you have some more information for me about your setup? maybe this will help me out a bit>

Sure no perspiration… You should start a new thread…

Im not sure what the rotary is but the link is:

It’s always nice to see what we are actually dealing with…

Thanks for posting

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.