Origin set to X75 Y75 Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro

I set up this machine a few days ago and connected with Lightburn 0.9.24 with no issues. Home is front left and both limit switches are behaving as expected. Output was also as expected. Starting where I placed the object on the grid (e.g. X10 Y10) as expected. Started everything up today and ran a couple of tests before preparing to burn a full grid and prints started burning from X75 Y75. Tried clearing and setting origin to no avail. HOMEing works as expected (X0 Y0) but "Move to Position X0 Y0 send the laser to X75 Y75 everytime. Using absolute coordinates from the start. What am i doing wrong?

I’ve solved this problem though I have not figured out how it became a problem in the first place. After dozens of “Set Origin”, “Clear Origin” “Move To - Go” commands in LightBurn 0.9.24 (which should have worked to reset origin even though “Home” worked correctly throughout this ordeal), I decided to open up LaserGBRL and use it’s Set Origin button.

That did the trick! Now the OLM2Pro is responding properly to “Go” to X0 Y0 and begins burns there if that is where I put them on the grid.

The command that LaserGBRL sent was G92 X0 Y0 Z0.

Here is what is sent by LightBurn’s “Set Origin” command (copy/pasted from Console) - <Idle|MPos:0.000,0.000,0.000|Bf:15,1022|FS:0,0|Pn:S|CL:0,100|PS:2,1|ER:4090,4090>
[GC:G1 G54 G17 G21 G90 G94 G49 G98 G50 M5 M9 T0 F2400 S0.]

I’m don’t know if this is bad code for this machine in LightBurn or if something else is at play. I’m too new to this endeavor to make an educated guess. Has anyone else here run across this?

1 Like