Ortur laser disconnect

Hi
I have issue with my new ortur,it work fine until I connect to the same 220 v another machine like a saw or fan and when I turn the fan or saw the ortur disconnect from my pc, win 10.
Best regards

That seems like a EMF interferance on the grid
I personally have a Fan that does the very same for me.
Can you try to connect the Ortur to a different phase of your mains, even with an extension cord just to confirm?

I connect my ortur to another room with extension cable, the problem solved! What is the problem? If I connect my compresor (like the fan ) the issue is coming back.
There is something that I can do to solve this problem without extension cable?

seems to be an electrical problem, call an electrician

The laser is disconnect from the computer but don’t turn off, if I connect the fan closer to laser but its connect to another room the problem is solved this means its not magnetic problem or emp.

Had the same problem random disconnects, drove me crazy tried all sorts, in the end I found it was the Freezer, on same mains ring, every time it turned on or off it browned the board out, put it on a different mains ring and all is good, I did until I solved the problem use a inline home made UPS , but i just used an inverter off a car battery on a permanent digital charger. to run the machine, can buy a pre made one on amazon from about £50 upwards depending on the power demand, as it being supplied through a constantly charged battery via an inverter, its isolated form any spikes, in the house main power rings.
When the Freezer was causing the issue the compressor would kill the connection when it turned off and on as well as the extractor fan, now all seems to be ok with the freezer on a different loop.
There is a UPs here for £40

the wattage should be plenty for the Ortur.
Induction motors like compressors, have a high demand on start up, and this causes a lot of boards to brown out. for a millisecond.

Dear Paul,
I check this, thank you about your input.
Best regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.