Ortur Laser Master 2 - Busy

I have almost the same problem with the ORTUR Lasermaster 20W.
When I switch on the Ortur and start Lightburn, it is no problem to move the laser with the jog. But if I then go to the home position and try a jog movement, the Ortur goes to busy and I have to reset it.
Starting a job is no problem, only if he returns to the home position after the job and I then try a jog movement, he goes back to busy.

Iā€™d like to present this information to Ortur. Iā€™m new to the forum, are there Ortur engineers that read these posts or should I go through their support? Thanks againā€¦

Iā€™ve watched many videos using Lightburn with the Ortur, and I donā€™t remember any of them mentioning this issue. The videos are the reason I ended up purchasing them both. Strangeā€¦

Yes there are. Me (although not sure about the engineer tag)
We are addressing these and many other anoying bugs on the firmware. No exact ETA but should be a drop soon which we will try to post out asap.

I also have a fix for the jog issue that bypasses the Ortur bug.

Thanks Gil. Iā€™m trying Ozā€™s new version with the job that failed a couple of days ago. I did have one hang while rapidly jogging in 1mm increments before I started the job, but otherwise it is much improved in the new version. More to comeā€¦

Gil, how can we track the bugs that Ortur is currently working?

I solved the problem.
After I activated the Enable $J Jogging entry in the device settings, everything works as it should.

Iā€™ve had $J Jogging enabled since I installed the Ortur, the problem occurs for me whether it is enabled or disabled.

Hello all, Iā€™ve just received an Ortur LM2 an I have also the busy problem.
Iā€™ve installed LightBurn on 2 computers and it seems to happen more frequently on the older one (Windows7 32 bits).
Iā€™m waiting for a solution.

It happen very frequently when I use jog movement. It doesnā€™t happen when I use set laser position by clicking. It sometime happen when I start a job.
Sorry for my english

Hi Iā€™m very new to working with a Ortur master 1. I have the same problem as outlined here. Also frustrated with the images I engrave being reversed. I have version 16 of Lightburn and was keen to purchase the full licence for the software. Having these issues tells me to hang fire on spending money if it donā€™t work. When can we expect this to be resolved?

ā€¦ thatā€™s just from having either the origin corner placed incorrectly, or possibly the machine wired incorrectly (though that would usually prevent it from homing).

The issue with the Ortur being busy when jogging seems to be a firmware bug in the Ortur itself, not LightBurn. The 0.9.19 release that just came out improves it by reducing the frequency it happens, but it might not solve it completely. Weā€™ve also seen a lot of issues simply caused by poor quality USB cables - replacing the cable has solved connectivity issues for a lot of users.

So, if itā€™s a firmware problem, we are waiting for a new firmware.

I have today installed the latest version and decided to try the jogging buttons again. Was still locking up and giving the laser busy message. Then by chance I clicked on continuous jogging and it works perfectly. Just to be sure I disabled it and the problem returned. Now this may only work for me, so I suggest you try it for yourself. Iā€™m happy now at least I have gained some control and can now use origin and jog to where I want the center of my image to be. Hope this helps a bit towards a full cure.

I too updated to 9.19 and my jogging issues seem to be solved. I tried the continuous jogging feature and that portion doesnā€™t work. But at least I can jog normally.

Iā€™ve tried everything that has been mentioned here (latest software, multiple cables, continuous jogging, etc.) and nothing has worked for me. The latest software helped a little, but didnā€™t fix it. Now, the screws have stripped out on the end stop switch and Iā€™m out of commission trying to get a replacement board. I really like this laser and want to get the issues resolved, but Iā€™ve purchased a C3D laser board and have switched my attention to my K40 until Ortur decides to fix their issues.

Shame Ortur have not fixed this issue sooner. At the moment Iā€™m having great fun using my machine. Yes there are still problems but have worked around them even if it is a bind. Currently burning some photos to Birch plywood with good results. Maybe we will get it sorted before the new year. Fingers crossed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.