Ortur LM3 Waste Board Grid/Z axis install issue

Hey guys,

I’ve had my LM3 for about 6 months and once I got it up and going I’ve had pretty much zero issues. I am usually burning little production runs of anodized name badges and metal business cards. For that I have my laser attached to a MDF wasteboard and I have burned a my machines workspace onto the wasteboard with a grid pattern so I can easily reference my templates.

The issue I am having now is that I have installed a King Gubby Z axis kit and now everything is shifted up when I reference it. The Z axis kit has two round spacers that you bolt into where the homing screws go and my question is this. Now that the spacer is there does that change where the machine thinks home is? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction to correct this so I can print a new grid and reference off it correctly?

Here is my waste board.

Here is a new waste board I burned with the z axis kit showing the issue.

Z axis spacer.

Badge burned that in Lightburn was centered but burned off center.

Try laser offset in device settings.

I just put a Gubby on my S30. It means the entire Yaxis grid shifted back 10-15mm or so. When the honeycomb, rotary, and extension legs are out, I only use the grid lines for square alignment, not measured positioning.

1 Like

Copy that. I was able to remedy it by redesigning a grid at 380mmx380mm and burning that into some mdf. Make sense. I haven’t messed with the laser offset but I’m guessing I could just mic the z axis kit and plug that in to solve it also.

Should not have to. By readjusting your Home switch for Yaxis (I assume you has to), so it will not bang the frame, and all you really did was trim a little off the Yaxis MAX travel. You did adjust $131, right?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.