Print and Cut Issues with setting Targets

I am trying to get Print and Cut to work. I have watched the YouTube video and tried to replicate it on a smaller scale before I try to really do this. I have attached the PreSplit file as well as the files once I do the split. But when I go to set the Target Positions the 2nd time it says my points dont have enough separation. Also, there is a big red circle that shows up on window when i set the first target but that didn’t show in the YouTube Video.

Has anyone gotten this to work recently? It seems like the video is an old version of LightBurn so maybe the steps are different now.

My version of LightBurn is 1.0.06.

Thank you in advance!

TestSplit_2.lbrn (73.5 KB)
TestSplit_1.lbrn (63.8 KB)
TestSplit_Presplit.lbrn (22.2 KB)

This was discussed ad nauseum here:

Also covers a bunch of potential gotcha situations that you may be able to get information from.

See if that helps.

1 Like

Thanks I kept searching. I will check this out!

GlassHalf, I am new and run into the same problem. Now, that happened to me because after selecting the first target I did not selected in the LB screen (with the arrow) the second target before going to the Tools tab. When that selection is successful, a second, blue circle will appear over the second target. Next step, in the Tools tab, you select assign targets (or something alike below the selection of the second target) and you are done.

Yeah I did all that.I think my issue is the crosshairs not being accurate enough. Hopefully with the new laser dot option I will have better luck.

So still having issues. Things are getting better, but not 100% correct. The main issue now is that when split something up does the crosshairs for lining things up have to be at the very top and very bottom of the section? Also if I need to break it up side to side and top to bottom, how do I line up the crosshairs?
Ward_Wedding_Sign9_PreSplit.lbrn (74.9 KB)

Specific shape of the alignment mark doesn’t matter but one preferably that makes it easy to align. No specific location is required. They can be located anywhere. However, it’s desirable to have these physically as far apart as possible to reduce margin of error.

The same 2 alignment targets need to exist on both sides of each pair of jobs. Because of that, you won’t be able to go full edge-to-edge of your laser frame. You need to be able to reference the alignment marks made on the first burn with your laser point when you are aligning the 2nd job.

You may want to try doing a single page print and cut to cut out a shape from paper to get used to the alignment process before you use this to cut a larger single piece out of a wider piece of material. Also, it might be easier to get your head around it by doing more smaller cuts rather than maximizing the area of each job. This will give you more room for adjustments.

I am lost again. I am using LB 1.1.03, set in the screen my targets, but I don’t see the Print and Cut selection under the Tools Tab.
What am I missing this time?

Solved. It was changed to Laser Tools

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.