Print and Cut Wizard not working

Hi, I need some assistance with Print and Cut.

Print and cut feature does not work. It worked in the last release, not on 1.2.02. (my current)
When you start the wizard, select your starting position, then select 2nd position and click on jog to position, it does nothing. or it might move 50mm. no alarm, no errors.

manual moving works, going home works. doing anything else works just fine.

using OLM3 over wifi, static IP. Machine 1.5m away from router. Not a signal loss as i can still move the laser.

Manual moving it does within LB nothing valuable as i cannot see where the laser head is on my LB workspace, i think that red square bottom left is suppose to show where the laser’s current position is?

CJ

Hi CJ,

I’ve just tested Print & Cut with an Ortur Laser Master 3 over WiFi using LightBurn 1.2.02, and everything is working well for me.

When you’re selecting your positions, make sure you are selecting specific graphics, different ones first and then second, and not just a point in your workspace. Your laser head should jog to the center of a selected second graphic, but it will not jog to an arbitrary point you click on.

When you’ve set a target position over a graphic, it will be outlined with a circle (red for the first, blue for the second).

The red square in the bottom left shows your Device Origin, and should always be in the bottom left corner of your workspace for your device type. Separately, if you enable ‘Show Last Position’ in your ‘Laser’ window, you will see crosshairs with a red square in the middle, and this location will move in your LightBurn workspace as you jog your laser head.

With Print and Cut, it is more important that you see where your laser head is in your physical workspace, as you need to align its physical location with target locations in your design. You can enable the ‘Fire’ button to fire your laser at low power to help align it with a target location.

Here are some video guides on using Print & Cut. They’re a bit older, so the ‘Jog to Selection’ option isn’t featured, but they should still give you a better understanding of the process.

Hi Tyler, Thank you for the reply.

I have used it perfectly fine before. I dont really want to down grade the software as i cant engrave then.

I have 2 different points, crosshairs i have added next to my design, this has worked before with no issues.

Not sure what the problem can be then.

You shouldn’t have to downgrade, I used 1.2.02 successfully.

Is it working for you with the OLM3 with most designs, but not one in particular? Or was it working with a different device, but not with the OLM3 for you? If there’s one design particular that isn’t working, please share it here, or send it to support@lightburnsoftware.com if you’d rather not share it publicly.

Please also enable ‘Show All’ in your ‘Console’ window, then go through the Print & Cut process following your normal steps, exit out of the Wizard, and then return to the ‘Console’ window and copy and paste the output there. We should see jogging commands.

Hi Tyler.

No design is working on this version when i use print and cut with the OLM3.
I dont own another device.

can i have 2 different versions installed? different paths, or do they share some registry files?
Because i need to get this done, but also need normal engraving, cant reinstall the 2 different versions each day/

its late now, ive been struggling the whole night with this again. Ill give it another go tomorrow sometime and paste the console for you,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.