Print to paper on my Brother printer

Hej, when I have a rectangle with text in it in LightBurn 21 x 120 mm and printing it out on my printer (paper) it will not keep the measure. It is only 16 mm x 92 mm. I do use Arkiv, print and print colors no diff. How is that? In for ex Carveco it comes out in right dimensions.
Ulf

I just tried printing a QR code that is 1" (25.4mm) square and it printed at 0.39" (9.9mm).
That’s pretty useless.

Is there a trick to making things print correct size?

Hi Hank, here is my letter to LightBurn and down the end is there answer:

Noooooooooooooo,

Something wrong with LightBurn. I printed on my hpdeskjet 5550 and it came out 16mmx89,6mm

There are nothing wrong with my printers, I do have 50 other programs, well no , but Photoshop, office, Publisher, EmClient, visma Förening, Ashampo PDF , ACD See Photo Studio and do not no how many more and they all are working very well. Never had any

problems writing but now from LightBurn

What is wrong???

And as I said earlier, it is as you can see, smaller than an A4 paper. It is 120 mm x 21 mm. A4 is 210mm x 297mm

![|167x480](C:\Users\Ulf\AppData\Local\Temp\eM Client temporary files\johaz03j.png)

Next time, this time please read my letter better and try to understand my poor English. The print is smaller than A4 and is

not writing what I whant.

This is what Hank writes.

HankHank Morgan

17h

I just tried printing a QR code that is 1" (25.4mm) square and it printed at 0.39" (9.9mm).
That’s pretty useless.

Is there a trick to making things print correct size?

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Ulf

------ Originalmeddelande ------

Från: “LightBurn Software” <support@lightburnsoftware.com>

Till: 30514@telia.com

Skickat: 2021-06-01 11:00:26

Ämne: Re: [#22578]

Hi Ulf,

Check your printer settings. I checked this myself and my printer was set to resize items for printing. In general if the image on screen is smaller than the page size of the printer, it will print at exact size. If it is larger than the page size of the printer, it will scale to fit, though as mentioned you should check your printer settings.

Cheers,
LightBurn Software Support

On Mon, 31 May at 10:17 PM , Ulf Wilen <30514@telia.com> wrote:

UlfWilen

Hej,

When I have a rectangle with text in it in LightBurn 21 x 120 mm and
printing it out on my printer (paper) it will not keep the measure. It
is only 16 mm x 92 mm. I do use Arkiv, print and print colors no diff.
How is that?

For ex in Carveco it comes out in right dimensions.

It does not matter what printer I use, Brother or HP

Why do I print on paper? Well it is easy to see if it comes out as
wanted and simple to use to compare with instead
of burning on wood

Have a nice day :slight_smile:
Ulf

When I print from Lightburn, there are no printer settings shown for “scaling” or “fit to page” or anything else like that. (Unlike when I print from Inkscape where these settings ARE available)

It appears that lightburn takes may entire work space size (700mm x 500mm) and scales that down to fit my paper size and everything printed is scaled down by that amount. I’m presented with no options to change scale.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.