Problem with focus, diode laser

hi all i have a problem with my diode laser, i am new on this world, i buy this laser and received a few weeks ago, one day i make a design, save as gcode, and use, that day the file work great, the second day i use the same gcode, and the design is way diffrent (always darker and less details) so i have to change the power and speed of the laser, and make a new gcode, i work for that day and the next day, use the same last file, it happent again! the desing way burn and with no details, i really don’t know what is happening … , i also have a second questions, i currently have a 40w laser, i know that actually don’t work at 40w becouse i need around 7 pass to cut 3mm plywood, and the border get really burn, so i am looking to upgrape for something around 50-80 wats, somebody currently have any laser module in that range that can cut 3mm plywood in 1-3 pass? thanks so much

The diode laser won’t be even close to 40w, the 40w is measured by the power draw not the laser output, you may be near 5w, I’ve just found this out and was shocked this can be used as a sales line

1 Like

well all the chinese sellers, overall on aliexpress and similar, are used to write those kind of power to attract buyers that doesn’t know exactly what a diode laser is.

i understand that … but right now i am not able to buy a k40, i am saving for buy a muse in a future, but for the moment i can only use the diode laser, the think is i need to cut 3 plywood, i order a pump and air assist adapter for the laser module, so i will see how that work in a few days, i trying to look on reviews of this laser module trying to find one that actually somebody have and can cut plywood in 1-3 pass… also there is the another problem, i really don’t know why, using the same g code, one day work and the next day the result is burned, so i don’t know if this happent to all diode laser or just my laser, or i am doind something wrong

put here the link of the diode you buy, i can only sugget to buy this one directly from Neje shop.
I have it, and i cut 3mm plywood in 1 pass at 100mm/min

1 Like

danm that is really good! haha i was looking to buy the NEJE and i found prices for 200-300, so 140 is super !! and if you said that you have that give me the trust i need! this is the laser that i currently have laser i don’t want to say that is bad quality or something i am new on this world and most probably i am not using the machine right… but the thing that one day the design is perfect and the next day the same gcode, the design look really bad… can be possible becouse i storage the laser in my garage? thanks bro!!

I don’t think so, both my engravers works in garage. It’s simply a chinese laser, more chinese than others.

one advice,alway’s check before you go burn the focus again and again cuz with most standard lenses 1 mm higher or lower kills the project.better is to replace the lens with a g7 or g8 lens cuz have less lost and better and longer focus points.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.