Problems with my Ruida controller after trying my new rotary

perfect operation now !!!

“X” axis now works better than ever

invert keypad is false
direction polarity is true
I enabled the “Y” axis to homing true
the carriage homes to the top right, the arrow directions on ruida keypad works correctly in all 4 directions.
I feel so good knowing my machine is set up correctly. Is there anything else I should do for calibration at this time ?
Tom

Victory is yours!

There’s a bit more to do, but turning it on will be less exciting.

The 6442S controller has only one laser output, but internally it has the same firmware as the 6442G with two outputs. Weirdly, your S has the second tube enabled. While that shouldn’t affect anything, disabling it eliminates future confusion.

Down at the end of the Vendor Settings in the Laser Settings section:

• Change Multi-Tube Enable to False
  • Change Laser 2 Enabled to False

Because CO₂ laser tubes don’t fire reliably below about 10% of full power, change Laser 1 Minimum Power (%) from 1 to 10. Some day, if you want to experiment with very low power operation, you can reduce that value … because you know where it is!

My laser has a motorized platform controlled by the the U axis settings. If your laser has a similar arrangement, we have another axis to set up: is there another motor and driver inside?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.