Public Beta Release - LightBurn 1.6.00 for xTool S1 and BSL lasers

We have a minor subrelease specifically for xTool S1 and BSL Galvo lasers!

This is not a full public beta release per-se - it will not net you additional features over the current 1.6 Public Beta, besides allowing for BSL and xTool S1 fixes to be tested. The Public Beta subrelease folder below will be deleted once 1.6 is released and 1.7 is bumped up to Public Beta. Note: the automatic hyperlinks in the above text go to the regular public beta page - please click below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NlXdR93xibmEnw625vCXf79cPITThy5u

This version was updated on April 30th to address MacOS connection issues.

2 Likes

Super, vielen Dank!

Soll der S1 dann einfach manuell hinzugefĆ¼gt werden?

Dann ist der Autofokus und Ƥhnliches nicht mehr vorhanden.

Hi Colin,
Thanks very to you and all the team who are working on this, its very much appreciated. I wiil test and give you feedback in due course.
Cheers, Steve Jones.

1 Like

Der Air-Assist wird im Auto-Modus leider nicht mehr unterstĆ¼tzt.

Auch die Vorschau der Zeit funktioniert nicht.

Wenn ein Job beendet ist, hƶr auch der LĆ¼fter vom Laserkopf nicht auf zu laufen, bis man die Haube ƶffnet.

Unfortunately, Air-Assist is no longer supported in Auto mode.

The time preview does not work either.

When a job is finished, the fan of the laser head does not stop running until the hood is opened.

Could you provide some details on what issues should be addressed by this build? Is it things like the diagonal cut lines across projects?

@JoeSpanier will have more context than I here - but yes, the diagonal lines, general communication issues, air assist, and I believe rotary is also working in this release for the S1.

BSL lasers are also supported with this release, youā€™ll need to import the config into LightBurn.

2 Likes

This version work with .cor files of seacad?

Still in beta, so there may be issues that still need work, yet one of the other testers has offered:

Best to download the beta and test this in your environment to confirm for your use case. :slight_smile: Please let us know how you progress.

Ok, good. I have more BSL card, dbk21b, dbk22b, dbk4b(cards like a dbk21 but with lan control), dbk2jj.

Hey,

i have an Atomstack M4 laser, which is supposed to work with SeaCAD. I canā€™t get it to work with the Lightburn 1.7.00 BETA version. Hereā€™s what Iā€™ve done so far:

1. Installed Lightburn version 1.7.00.
  2. Connected the laser with USB, found it, and loaded the ā€œBslCAD.cfgā€ file that has settings from SeaCAD. (With versions before 1.7.00, the laser isnā€™t even detected)
  3. Checked the settings as best as I could and compared them with the settings in SeaCAD.

However, Iā€™m still facing some odd behavior:
As soon as I start Lightburn and turn on the laser, it wants to start lasering right away.
Lightburn keeps flashing the message ā€œStart Marking triggered, but no layers set to outputā€ continuously.

Also, if I draw anything on the workspace, it immediately tries to start lasering.
I canā€™t stop the process; the STOP button in Lightburn doesnā€™t work anymore.

The only thing that stops it is turning off the power. It doesnā€™t laser what itā€™s supposed to, but instead keeps lasering a small triangle at what seems to be full power.
The console on the right side in Lightburn, which usually shows information when Iā€™m working with my GCODE laser, is just empty.

I know this is a BETA, but maybe this information can help the developers, or perhaps someone else has an idea?

Thanks and regards.

The console will never show anything, because thereā€™s no human readable communication between this machine and LightBurn, and it doesnā€™t accept GCode commands, so thatā€™s expected.

The ā€˜Start Markingā€™ behavior sounds like you have an IO pin set to trigger marking, and itā€™s on. Go to Edit > Device Settings (or press F3) and look at the Ports page for the Start Marking setting. If itā€™s not set to ā€œNoneā€ change it to that. I just got an AtomStack M4 here, so I can see if it works here.

3 Likes

Yes, that looks good, so simple and so effective. Seems to be working.
Thank you for that!

Here my Settings:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t work with bsl cards like dbk21b. In Mac os is not connected, in windows its connected but(framing), galvos dont move. Maybe work with small cards.

Does the guide lines really need to default to 20 meters ? or is this a case of an extra zero slipping in ? Cant say that I have have heard of anyone making a Laser 20m in X or Y.

JoeSpanier can you please explain what have ben made in this release? Specifically to rotary, how to set it up?

Guidelines are supposed to be ā€œinfiniteā€ because they are guides for layout and not really intended to be used for normal lines.

Is this causing an issue somehow?

The S1 changes are covered here:

Try to keep questions there so they are easier to track. Let me know if thereā€™s anything odd. I put a lot of testing in but Iā€™m sure I didnā€™t get everything.

No, no problem just curious about size, initially it seemed overkill to me even if you were using Print and Cut. It turned out person I was assisting had Selected everything (including Toolpath) and moved to a single layer, and couldnā€™t work out why the job was going out of bounds when trying to frame. the job was roughly 6" square in middle of work bed, They kept insisting that it was only a reasonably simple vector and nothing elseā€¦until I connected remotely and could see what they had done.

well thatā€™s certainly a case we didnā€™t expect haha.

1 Like

Thank you!!! I have been waiting for months for this! I downloaded 1.7 and upgraded my licenseā€¦ it is working perfectly with my Mr Carve S4 Galvo laser with a BSL card. No more BSLAppsimple! So much better. Doing a happy dance. I have tested with the materials card in LB and with some slate coastersā€¦ works perfectly so far!

2 Likes