Radius Tool, I have looked to find an answer / limitation

I needed to fillet (radius) some corners on a plaque frame, but the radius tool in LightBurn would not function on them. I needed to export the shape and make the fillet in VCarve Pro.

I looked around to see if I could understand the requirement for the radius tool to round over a corner, but I did not find the specifics.

I have attached the file.

RadiusToolExample.lbrn (121.0 KB)

1 Like

Well that makes me sad. :face_with_head_bandage:

I recall something similar and my way out was to do an offset (outside) which gave a similar shape but rounded on those points, then do another offset (internal) on the offset initially created to get back to original size but with nice radius’ed corners

I appreciate the work around suggestion. Knowing / confirming it is a limitation to the function rather than my own error, I still have and use VCarve Pro for the CNC Router (where I could perform a more advanced fillet if and when rarely needed).

I just really prefer drawing in LightBurn (for laser, for the CNC router, and now even for staging / beginning 3D modeling).

It was exporting this object to SVG that lead me to discovering that T1 and T2 exports are not LB friendly.

agreed, i now only really use vCarve for these elegant radius and curves. it can make a smooth radius between any two lines, straight or curved .

export from lightburn, import into vcarve , 10 seconds later i send the finished vectors back to lightburn with all the curves done.

i look forward to any radius tool improvements.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.