Raster cuts out prematurely at random times

I’m experiencing an issue now where the engraving cuts out at random times. The console says the stream is completed, but really its only 15% to 40% done. This is the first time I have done a graphic pattern at this size but previously I was able to dither etch simple gradients. The settings are the same so I so I am not sure what the issue is. below is the console dialog and attached is my file.

Please help. I have ruined a few expensive quartz tubes because of this. I have since switched back to laserweb just get this job done, but it does not have as many dither patterns available.

Waiting for connection…
Port opened, waiting for response.
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
ok
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ok
ok
ok
Starting stream
[MSG:Pgm End]
Stream completed in 0:15
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:11
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:13
Starting stream
Stream completed in 17:18
Starting stream
Stream completed in 17:16
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:16
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:22
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:22
Starting stream
Stream completed in 8:58
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ok
ALARM:3
ok
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
ok
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:01
ok
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
ok
Starting stream
Stream completed in 23:42
ok
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]

oktest 1.lbrn (518.2 KB)

Alarm 3 - Reset while in motion. Grbl cannot guarantee position. Lost steps are likely. Re-homing is highly recommended.

Brownout? Did you lose power? Electrical interference? Do you have other devices coming on or off plugged into the same source?

Didn’t lose power as far as I can tell. Not sure about interference.

So I have been doing 8 hour+ rasters with Lightburn successfully. The files were simple white to grey gradient rectangles, dithered with newsprint or jarvis. Some of these I would run at 20 mm/s (8+ hours) and other 200 mm/s ( >1 hour)

The only difference with this one that keeps failing would be the file. It is the same size as the others but it has a more intricate pattern. I don’t think this would matter but that’s where I am at.

I ran the same file in Laserweb with similar settings and it completed in an about an hour. It did seem to physically slow down on some of the dense sections. I did not see this type of behavior in LB.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.