RDC6445S install from AWC608 Issues Abound

What prevents the laser from firing if the flow fails?

:smile_cat:

The flow detector. I can’t think of the name of it now…I am not able to think straight due to stressing over this machine.

If you don’t relax you will ‘break’ it further… Don’t rush, it will end in disaster…

How does it disable the laser when that occurs?

when the flow meter has no water going through it, the controller does not let it fire

Is the controller psychic? Obviously not, right now it thinks the water isn’t flowing.

You don’t have any wires to the controllers water protect input (WP1) to do that, so explain to me how it tells the controller not to fire.

It must be ‘wired’ to something to do anything.

I am so so sorry, I guess I don’t know the answer to that. This is turning out to be an undertaking that I did not expect to be so hard…lol. Would it be possible for one of us to call the other? I could directly email you my number. It’s ok if we can’t

We can do that, if you need to. I think you are making this part far more difficult than it is.

My chiller is wired to the WP1 input of my controller. No water, that input remains high and the controller will issue a wp error and refuse to operate. This is probably the error you are getting.

The other options for this is the P input to the lps, that input will disable the lps, so the laser won’t fire, but the controller will continue to operate just like the water is running. It has no way to know.

Which way sounds like the ‘right’ way to you…?

Most of the low cost sensors just compete a circuit when there is pressure.

Make sense?

Yes Sir it does

Not sure what the previous response was referring to…

What would you like to pursue? an how…

You asked if it made sense and I answered with a “yes Sir”…lol BUT!!! I wired it just like you said in the last statement and now I HAVE FIRE!!!

Now I just have to figure out the limit switches and the travel on the x-y axis

Is it controllable?

You should be able to set ‘max’ on the control pad and set it to something like 20% to pulse it with. Do you have a mA meter on it, or an lps with a digital one?

Yes Sir it is controllable…at least with the pulse

You can vary the power?

Amp meter is on it

After setting the power to 5% it still pulse fires at 100%

If it’s controllable with the pulse button it’s working…

Just read the last reply…

What kind of current is it drawing for you to say 100%.?

Doesn’t sound like it’s working. Do you have a voltmeter or scope? We (you) can check the inputs, it’s pretty easy.

I have a voltmeter

The LPWM1 or IN on the lps, should be the same. I do this on the controller. Lps will have a high voltage on them for sometimes hours. I’m not scared, but respectful of all of this stuff…

Measure from ground to the LPWM1… should read about 2.5v for 50% power… it’s going to give you whatever% of 5v, to put it simply. All mechanical meters read rms values.

The L-On1 should be low only when the laser is running a layer to be burned. Why run a layer if it’s just moving the goodies…? This output goes low so if it’s active it will read about zero volts referenced to ground.

If I’m understanding you, no matter what the machine consoles max power it set to, you get 100%, I assume mA.?

Yes Sir, it is mA.