RDC6445S install from AWC608 Issues Abound

How many for 100% and where did you get that value?

:smile_cat:

All I did was change the power max to 5% on the controller and hit pulse and the needle shot all the way past the 30 mark

Trying to get ā€˜whatā€™ is 100% and how do you know that value is 100%.

What mA reading are you associating with 100%?

Donā€™t know the machine in your profileā€¦ what wattage is it?

I was just gong by the needle on the mA meter burying itself to the right. Here is a picture of my amp meter.

I need to take my mom home and go to work. Could I get with you tomorrow afternoon?

I was hoping for some kind of numberā€¦ like 25mAā€¦

Probably be a good time to park it for the night.

Iā€™ll be around tomorrowā€¦

You got a lot accomplished, so donā€™t feel badā€¦

Considering the ā€˜biteā€™ you took when you started this projectā€¦ :crazy_face:

Take care.

1 Like

You are a good man Jack Wilborn

1 Like

Hey Mr Wilborn!! Thank you so much for your help the other day!! You donā€™t know how much I appreciate your kindness. You taught me some things I did not think I would ever learn and you had the utmost patience with me.
I took the rest of the day when I got home from the Dr to try figuring this stuff out on my own and I now have it homing and firing like it is suppose to!!! my only problem now is the steps on the stepper motors. When I engraved basic shapes they came out looking a little flat. The circle looked like an egg and the octagon was flattened a bit.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad youā€™re getting the confidence and understanding to make it work as desired. For something that is so conceptually simple, it sure can snowball ā€¦

Donā€™t work when you are ā€˜frustratedā€™ or ā€˜tiredā€™ call it a day.

Thinking about the problem will generally give you a better solution with less broken parts.

You mind will ā€˜snapā€™ to something, because itā€™s little interrupt routine allows it to mull over the problem in the background and while you do other thingsā€¦ All of a sudden youā€™ll have an epiphany.

Iā€™m sure there is some math involvement these and I donā€™t know off hand what that would be. You know someone at the factory doesnā€™t fiddle with each one of these too much.

Sounds like you have it under control.

Weā€™re here if we can help, take care

Good luck

You are SOOOO right, sir!! I am calibrating the axis now and my 2 in square is starting to take a 2in shape!!!
I am so excited now

ok I am stuckā€¦ I was able to get my X-axis to set perfect at 2 inches but no matter what I do, the Y-axis will not change. On a 2 in square my Y-Axis is still measuring 1.25. What should I do?

Is there anything different between the two axes?

I noticed my uStep was different for both axes. Not by much, but different.

This usually indicates there is some kind of issue with the configuration or stepper setup. As itā€™s been working with the other controller, I doubt itā€™s the stepper setup.

If it doesnā€™t change, then what you are ā€˜tweakingā€™ isnā€™t relatedā€¦ That means that something could be set incorrectly, but still be in the ā€˜ball parkā€™ to work but give strange results.

OKā€¦ after a thousand and 1 triesā€¦lol of calibrating the Y-axis stepper I am at a loss. I am sorry I am having to pick your brain yet again. Could you give me some ideas to try?? I was able to set the X-axis perfect but the pesky Y is not wanting to cooperate with me. I read what you said that if it does not change during ā€œtweakingā€ then it isnā€™t related. Any ideas on what to try??

OK like a fool, I left the rotary enabled so now it is engraving perfect circles and squares. In my endeavor, I figured out that no matter what I set the power to in LB, the power stays the same. I started with 25% in LB and went directly to 1% and there is no difference in the power. Also, when engraving, the laser head makes rather large sweeping motions to engrave making it take twice as long to do so.

Tackle one problem at a time.

The laser power is probably most critical here, so lets look into that.

You should check the pwm to the lps, this controls the lasers period.

Here is a photo of the CN5 block. I am wondering if the blue and the red wire are not reversed. Would that cause my issue?

You are missing LPM1ā€¦?

Send me a photo of your lps connectionsā€¦

Here is the photo of the lps wiring

The blue wire at the lps is the 'IN" and goes to LPWM1, not WP1ā€¦ :slight_smile:

Gotcha!!! give me a minute and Ill tell you how it went