Rotary Error 9 Alarm 2

I feel like I am losing my mind!
Beginner…maybe 15 jobs in. Each time I find someone on this forum… there doesn’t seem to ever have a resolution or the fix doesn’t fix for me.
Yes, I have watched the setup video that all here refer to (several times to make sure no settings have changed ie $RST=*) Yes, I have completed several ‘jobs’ on the rotary but most every time I start to do another ‘job’ the laser will not frame. The x axis will travel to 400+ and vibrate there until machine stops it and then I’ll get Error 9 or Alarm 2 in the console. Each time that I have ‘repaired’ it and then was able to complete another ‘job’ I couldn’t tell you what actually fixed it so that I could repeat. This has been going on for WEEKS and about to pull my hair out at this point.
AND now after the last closing down lightburn, pulling plugs to restart everything… AGAIn the red light keeps blinking and not connecting (I don’t have multiple Lightburns open) so I can’t place photos here to show settings. I thought that the problem I was having was because I had the trail version so I bought LightBurn last night. Does ANYONE have any suggestions as to what I can do in hopes of keeping what hair I have left?

I feel like I am losing my mind! Beginner…maybe 5 jobs in. This is my exact problem… each time I find someone with the same problem as tons of others on this forum… There doesn’t seem to ever have a resolution or the fix doesn’t fix for me. Yes, have watched the setup video that all here refer to (several times to make sure no settings have changed ie $RST=*) Yes, I have completed several ‘jobs’ on the rotary but most every time I start to do another ‘job’ the laser will not frame. The x axis will travel to 400+ and vibrate there until machine stops it and then i’ll get Error 9 or 2 in the console. Each time that I have ‘repaired’ it and then was able to complete another ‘job’ I couldn’t tell you what actually fixed it so that I could repeat. This has been going on for WEEKS and about to pull my hair out at this point.
AND now after the last closing down lightburn, pulling plugs to restart everything… AGAIn the red light keeps blinking and nit connecting so I cant place photos here to show settings. I thought that the problem I was having was because i had the trail version so I bought LightBurn last night. Does ANYONE have any suggestions as to what I can do in hopes of keeping what hair I have left? :slight_smile:

Did you turn off the “home on startup” button?

How big is your X & Y axes?

It would help if you get a screen shot or cut/paste from the ‘console’ window of the error message output.

You should only change one thing at a time. You need to know what made it do something, good or bad.

Don’t get frustrated, if you do, quit until you are not frustrated. Your mine will ‘percolate’ on it and you lower the chances of you ‘breaking’ something.

It’s a machine run by software. Although general understanding of how these work is quite simple. The actual process that takes place is a tad more complicated.

Generally this is operator error or more specifically how things are configured, both software and firmware on the controller. Equal to that is most of us don’t think like these machines ‘think’ and what you think should be happening is not how it really works.

A good process is read the error message. Learn to understand them, as you will see plenty of them…

The debugging path will change if this ‘just started happening’ or ‘new machine never done this’…

Relax and we’ll see if you can help keep you from further hair loss and make your machine run…

:smile_cat:

Thank you so much for your help and encouragement. i really wish that I could get back to the point that I described above. Now all I have is a blinking red light on laser and Lightburn saying
Waiting for connection…

Port failed to open - already in use?

[ORIGIN: China]

[PRODUCER: ORTUR]

[AUTHOR: ORTUR]

[MODEL: Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S2]

[OLF: 185]

[OLH: OLM_ESP_PRO_V1.2]

[OLM: GENERAL]

[DATE:22:44:33 - Oct 25 2021]

[VER:1.1f(ESP32).20210403:]

[OPT:VNMSL,35,4096,3]

Target buffer size found

ok

Port failed to open - already in use?

[ORIGIN: China]

[PRODUCER: ORTUR]

[AUTHOR: ORTUR]

[MODEL: Ortur Laser Master 2 Pro S2]

[OLF: 185]

[OLH: OLM_ESP_PRO_V1.2]

[OLM: GENERAL]

[DATE:22:44:33 - Oct 25 2021]

[VER:1.1f(ESP32).20210403:]

[OPT:VNMSL,35,4096,3]

Target buffer size found

ok

You might try unplug/plug the usb and see if you have a different com port become available.

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.