Recently updated LaserBox and when I did, my lightburn rotary started to act strange. When I frame,my “Z” axis or “Y” starts to rotate about 5 revolutions too many before the 'X" axis works properly. I started to burn once and it just stated making long lines spaced out a mm apart. Ive checked everything i know how but nothing seems to work. It does work fine in Laserbox though.
yes, whats interesting is that it worked fine, but then updated my Laserbox software and my Xtool firmware then stared having the issues… so we know it has to be something inside Lightburn it doesnt like
Here are my annotations for changes that I noticed from the previous firmware:
$20=0; disable soft-limits
$21=1; enable hard-limits
$102=0; steps/mm on Z
$110=18000; max speed in mm/s on X, previously 12000
$111=6000; max speed in mm/s on Y, previously 12000
$112=6000; max speed in mm/s on Z, previously 12000
$120=2500.000000; acceleration in mm/s^2 on X, previously 1000
This looks like it could solve for some of the missed steps scenarios that people are currently seeing on rapid moves.
It’s not clear to me if this would affect rotary. Does the D1 use Z for rotary? I see that the steps/mm for Z axis was changed to 0 which seems an odd choice. I don’t know if 0 is some sort of reserved value with a special meaning in GRBL.
I set up my RA2 pro today and had a devil of a time… Looks like xTool has some conflicting information . in one set up documentation is says to set the rotation per mm to 360… but on another setting for Light burn it says to set that number to 32… I read an off hand comment from someone saying they believed that the change occurred when xTool came out with the new RA2 pro… I set my settings to 32mm and it seemed to be a better functioning system… I then dialed in that number to 32.02 by making a rectangle the circumference of my cylinder and seeing how close the ends were or over lapped… 32.2 were very close if not right on each other.