Rotary setup issue

I am having an issue on my Ender 3 with rotary axis set as y. Mine doesn’t seem to just be length of y its the speed as well. Any suggestions. I have tired changing all the settings in rotary set up for both chuck and roller and none make any difference. (changed mm per rev, diameter of object, diameter of roller…)

If using the Y axis for the rotary, you will need to make a number of changes to the firmware settings in order for it to work, because it’s just the Y axis of the controller, and the controller has no idea that it’s now connected to a rotary.

It’s much better to use a dedicated rotary axis (A) for this if you can. If you can’t, you’ll need to adjust the firmware settings for step size, speed, and maximum travel in order to work with it properly.

You could also try something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCQqn0kfvCo

here is the version of marlin…
“Marlin THD U1.R2.3”

I have the extruder free, its not marked (A) on the board but I will try to figure out how to use it.

I haven’t had any luck finding out how to change my extruder to use it as axis a (in Marlin firmware). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I would prefer to not have to change my y axis since I will not just be using this as a rotary setup. Thanks so much!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.