Ruida controller stuck on 10000mm for x and y axis

This is not a limit switch:

Here you can see magnetic limit switches on my X and Y axes (others may have mechanical type):

These look to be your limit switches. X on the upper right / Y on the Left of the gantry:

On a 6442 Ruida Controller, you will need to navigate to User Parameters to access Reset Parameters.

If after you enable homing, your machine is not heading to the proper corner (which from your pictures appears to be the Top, Left), then you will need to reverse the Direction Polarity appropriately for the axis or possibly both axes. And then if at anytime your keypad on the panel is opposite of what it should be logically, then you can Invert the Keypad Direction.

1 Like

limit switches are on back right of y axis and left on x axis. SORRY but I don’t have “user parameters”

You do, but you will need to dig into a manual. If you need your controller’s manual, please find it here.

Page 48

ok, I believe user parameters are under ‘set factory parameters’. RD8888 password does not work. user manual gives password of 123456 and that does not work either.

Mike, have you tried the search feature? That should get you to the answer.

CC8888 password successful for “factory parameters” hit enter and back to home screen. Can’t find user parameters.

if the origin has been set wrong it wont home right either,
should be left back in this case.

Has anyone fixed it?
I am facing the same isue here!

1 Like

Not yet. Jeff Posted possible solution above but I cannot find “manufacture settings” or “user settings” on my control pad. Do you have these options on your control pad? I have Ruida RDC6442G-B (ec) controller. I’ve found user parameters in user manual but no info on how to access these from key pad.

Also, purchased my machine from OM Tech. They are supposed to get back to me today with possible solution.

I am furious. I have chinese ferari Aeon Mira 9, and today suddenly bams, you got x10000, y10000 , u 10000 and o top of that my z is not working if i try to move bed up. reading everywhere. i have heard there is something to do wtith using RD works.

Ou yeah, i ended up doing factory reset, and cant undo that!

1 Like

those settings are in RDworks or Lightburn not on the machine
both programs can read the machine settings and write them back.

Still no response about how you have set your origin, create a new machine profile and set the origin to left back and see if that is any better?

Yeah my homing pos is right back, its wierd but i use job origin on left back, its just few extra steps for controller, but it worked. Today something hapened and

1. Cannot switch off blower, runs all the time
  2. x10000 y10000 on every time i switch off machine,
  3. z is not going UP, only down. shows that limit swich is activated!

well factory reset is was not very useful,
now you have to load a back up of the settings for your machine,
if you have some of the settings that used to work, would be good.

@bcl do you have your origin set like this?

I did originally but tried front left with no change. I’ll check this afternoon. Regarding the user parameters and solution Jeff posted… Should I be using rdworks now? Because I don’t see the user parameters and manufacturing settings that Jeff posted in lightburn. He sent me Ruida manual to find parameters so I assumed the settings to change were on controller keypad. Is Ruida and RDworks the same company?
Thanks for your patience!

I did receive original settings from OM Tech yesterday. I deleted my controller using Lightburn. Started from scratch… added controller, reset default settings using HF8888 password, entered all original settings, and write to controller. My x and y axis went to x:300 and y:100. Controller actually moved using keypad and through lightburn correctly. I clicked home through lightburn and it went to back left corner and made squeaking noise but not banging like it was. I though I was getting there. However, I turned machine off for an hour and when I started it back up,x and y were back to 10000mm and back to square one.

You should reach out to the nice folks at Aeon for the factory settings that came with this system. They should be able to tell you exactly the settings applied when this laser was built.

Have you tried that?