Same computer different profiles/logins licence

Hi
Couldn’t find a solution and hoping that someone might be able to point me in the correct direction. Have the licence installed on a laptop (win10) under my profile. My wife is now starting to use this device as its handling the graphics slightly faster for some jobs under my win10 login. Its got to the point that she would like her own login and almost taken over this laptop forcing me to get another. Finally got around to looking at the problem she has been having and that is that Lightburn program needs activating under her win10 login.
I may have assumed wrong but I thought if the program was activated under my win10 login and anyone else having a profile on the same device in the family should be able to use the same programs without buying additional licences on the same machine. Are there some win10 settings I should change to enable this?

Happy to deactivate under my win10 login if i have assumed incorrectly.
Hopefully I have explained this correctly.
cheers ryan

The activation info is stored per-user, but the license is per-machine. She can activate on her user profile and it won’t count as another license seat because it’s the same computer, it just needs to store to her user profile - we could store “globally” for the whole system, but that would require administrative rights to do it, and schools, companies, and maker spaces don’t like that.

I have a questions off of this one. I wanted to ad the software to a different computer but I only use one laser. can do that? I have my computer in the house I use but want to put one in my garage as well. Thanks.

LightBurn allows you to define many different laser profiles so you can connect to different laser systems, but only one at a time.

The standard LightBurn License allows you to install on up to two computer systems, and it can be easily moved if you get a new computer. If you need to install on a 3rd machine, we’re happy to update your license to allow it, at no cost.

Thanks Oz - tried it and it worked. Don’t even know why i didn’t even get my wife to try that first. I usually break stuff first and then read the manual.
thanks again.

Sounds like my cultural philosophy: cut 7 times, measure once afterwards. Then tell the client they only paid for a rough cut.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.