Scanning offsets not working

(SOLVED) I needed to half my offset numbers!

Hello, I’m running a home built Co2 laser machine with a Ruida RDC6445G and Lightburn Version 1.2.01

I am having very similar problems to Scan offset not funtioning even after device removed and reconfigured

I am using a USB connection and my cuts are great and the machine has been working flawless regarding cutting. Things are moving correctly and cutting to size. My beam’s spot size and mirror alignment are also very good.

Now that I have begun to dial in my engraving settings, I am experience issues with my scanning offset. If I turn off Bi-directional fill, my engraving looks really good, but with bi-directional fill I am getting really bad scanning offsets similar to the post I linked above. I am running GT2 belts so I know my backlash is very minimal, and my belt tension is correct. That being said, my scanning offsets are as follows: 100mms=.5mm/200mms=1.5mm/300mms=2mm/400mms=2.5mm/500mms=3mm.

The problem is, that even when I add these scanning offsets into device setting and enable them, I am seeing absolutely no change in my scanning offsets when I rerun my tests. (Just like the thread I linked above)

I’ve also tried deleting my machine in Lightburn and adding it back with no fix to this. I’ve tried doing the job through Lightburn with no change, sending it as a file…with no change. Nothing seems to work to add these offsets and the offset amount seems very extreme considering there is no visible slop in my X axis. Flood fill is also not turned on. Also please note that the image below distorts the lines as I am not the best photographer. The lines are perfectly straight and the only issue is the terrible scanning offsets.

Any help or ideas would be so much appreciated.

I think you’re putting the measured distance in the table, but it should be half that number.

If you look very carefully at your before-and-after results, alternate scan lines will (if I’m right) be offset by the same amount in the other direction. For example, if the top line is offset to the left without the correction, it’ll be offset by the same amount to the right afterward.

IMO, It Would Be Nice if the table took the measured value and divided it internally, but …

Source: been there, done that.

I’ve considered this, but anyone who’s entered them already would have their values halved, and invalidated, which would be equally bad at this point.

You are correct! I halved the numbers and got nearly perfect to where I needed to be! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.