Setting homing position on Ruida RDC6432G

hi all,

My machine is currently homing (on startup or reset) to the bottom left. This is with RDWorks ‘Dir polarity’ set to “Negative” for both axes. I want to home to top left. If I change ‘Dir polarity’ to “Positive” on the Y axes, the machine homes to top left as expected, but then the keypad does not allow me to move the laser-head to the right, presumably because the direction has now been swapped. So, that makes me think that the original ‘Dir polarity’ was correct. I cannot find any other setting which allow me to tell the controller in which direction to seek the limit switch on startup. Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks!
Ryan

Does it have homing switches on both ends of each axes? This is the only way you could change the machine origin…

RDWorks, isn’t this forum, I can’t run it, so I am not sure to what you are referring.

There is a settable step direction… ?

:smile_cat:

I did the same thing back in Oct. '23
Can you change the direction of homing? - Community Laser Talk - LightBurn Software Forum
I have an OMTECH 60W with a KT332N controller, so the menu selection on the controller will probably be different. But yes, generally speaking, it can be done. YMMV

Thank you. Good news is that I managed to solve it (using LightBurn) by inverting the ‘direction polarity’ and then also inverting the keypad direction on the Y axis. In RDWorks I could not find a toggle for keypad direction. And it seems that the setting for “inverting keypad direction” is more than just inverting the keypad direction, because the machine operates at it should when controlled directly from lightburn as well. So it seems that the “keypad direction” setting is more of a global direction setting.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.