Setting up an XY moving table

Hello, I’ve been using my STJ-50S machine using EzCad2 for the past 6 months, I have an XY axis moving table, not rotary, that I’ve been using no problem during that time. Now that I’ve transitioned to Lightburn I was able to migrate all the settings I was using before, but I lost the option to control/move my table, and Lightburn only shows options for Rotary , not horizontal XY movements, is there any way I could install/set up/ add/ control my moving table ???

… Only a side question, is it used for "mass production / parts shifts? It looks very advanced almost like a milling machine.

As far as I know it only supports a rotary or a single external axes.

I’m not 100% certain, but my EZCa2 board is a lite and only has one external axes. The higher priced ones for EZCad2 have two… I’d guess you have a more expensive model…

I know the Lightburn people are looking at supporting a Z axes on the fiber, but I don’t know how they sit with dual axes…

Maybe @Rick could chime in and maybe give us some wonderful news :crazy_face:

Out of curiosity, what does this buy you?

:smile_cat:

2 Likes

Split Marking - very much like using a rotary, but on two axis, yes. We are familiar, yet have not played with this hardware directly. On the list to investigate further, but that will take some time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Main reason for buying it was to be able to do jobs as big as 400x400 while using a smaller objective lens like a 75mm, you get all of the benefits of a smaller diameter lens without compromising working area since I usually do 20 mm splits, the axis move the table accordingly, it works for deep engraving fast and even cutting, but I have to say, it’s a big waste of money if what you are planning on working has any shape other than squared / rectangle, because by using the moving table to do jobs that big, you are not able to project your design on the table. I bought it with the intention of doing full size guns at once without having to move it from part to part of the gun, surprise, it won’t work.

And switching to Lightburn now basically makes that moving table a very expensive relic with no use whatsoever, at least until the programmers decide to work on that and enable the option to add it